Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I wanted to ask if anyone else has had any problems with the Adam's wash pad not creating enough suds. I have used their old wash pad (big soft square) and loved it. A little while back I got their new wash pad that you put your hand inside and it is 2 sided, and have not been able to get the same amount of suds with it. When I use it, it is almost like I am just smearing water on the car, and I am afraid I will be inducing swirls. To make sure I wasn't crazy, I put both pads in the bucket at the same time and used one on half the car and one on the other half. There was a noticeable difference. The problem is my old pad is worn out and I don't want to use it anymore. Is it possible I am doing something wrong? It seems simple enough, but I have never had a problem like this before. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Put a sponge inside your new pad. That is what I did and it works great.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Are you pouring the soap on the pad? or just in the bucket?
I pour on the wash pad and have no problem, just my.02 :huh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know the schmitt has had some bad reviews by several users on some of the other detailing boards. I have some, but have not used mine yet. One thing some of the folks were complaining about was that it grabbed at the finish and didnt flow smoothly across like the wool mitt you are talking about.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I've only used mine twice. But, all I have is a big bucket of cold water, and I put the soap directly on the mit. I get plenty-o-suds.

·
Supporting Vendor
243 Posts
Hey guys!! Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our Foam Wash Pad. Indeed, it does not hold as much suds as the old acrylic pad, but it does avoid scratches better and keeps any dirt from being trapped in the pad. Like a few who have already replied, apply the soap to pad then hit it with a hose. It will create more suds in the pad and make the surface slicker.

Let us know how it works for you:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I applied the car wash directly to the pad and had the same problem, I just added more wash and it began to put out mad suds. While I am posting in reguards to Adams products, I cant say anything bad at all, purchased the PC and Essentials kit, absolutely a fabulous shine. The swirl and haze did not buff off with the PC and a micro fiber towel though. Can say enough about the product, 1st Class.:partyon:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
I just added more wash and it began to put out mad suds.
:agree: first wash I just didn't use enough car wash. Second time around I squirted it on there a little heavier and it "sudded" up a bit better.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
364 Posts
I applied the car wash directly to the pad and had the same problem, I just added more wash and it began to put out mad suds. While I am posting in reguards to Adams products, I cant say anything bad at all, purchased the PC and Essentials kit, absolutely a fabulous shine. The swirl and haze did not buff off with the PC and a micro fiber towel though. Can say enough about the product, 1st Class.:partyon:
Thanks for your business and kind words! Email me your address and I'll send you a sample of the new Machine Polish and Super Wax. You'll find them easier to use with the PC, and will perform better on your car!

Thanks again for your kind words, and I look forward to your review on the Machine Polish and Wax.

Happy 4th!

-Adam:thumbsup:

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
364 Posts
Hey DC! I love to hear honest reviews of products, ours and others. The input on the Foam Wash Pad has indeed been consistent, and we are listening.

We are bringing back the Jumbo Acrylic Wash Pad, which is in fact more effective at sudsing, and washing moderately to serioulsy soiled surfaces. The Foam Wash Pad is easier to see contaminants and less likely to hold dirt. I's also less apt to scratch. It does not, however, perform as nicely as the Jumbo on dirty jobs.

I keep both in the bucket when I'm washing. The dirty jobs, which seem more often now that I've relocated to Boulder, CO, get the Jumbo. When washing little more than a week's dirt off, I grab the Foam Pad.

Love to hear other systems, as that's how we improve!

Thanks, Adam

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just used mine last night for the first time and it gave me plenty of suds. I did use a little extra soap though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts