Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Adams, I have been very happy with the results however this past weekend I got into a debate / conversation as to the product being better than Zainio (i have never used); I would be intrested in what others have to say about the 2 products especially if you have used both. I will see the results of a Zainio product this coming week from a friend who swears by it.... he is telling me Zainio have a product called Z-6 (aka Gloss Enhancer) that makes your car look wet or very deep color... I am being told it is very impressive.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
I'll never understand those guys that feel compelled to defend their choice of wax to the death :laughing:

Many folks do have differing preferences with each, especially with how they apply. You can get amazing results with either with the right technique and conditions. If you're that caught between the two, try some of each for yourself. I've always bought from Adams because of the personal commitment in the product and service I've gotten. But I've used other brands and had great results, with usually just a minor difference in application/removal.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Both companies make excellent products, but I don't think you can make a one to one comparison of the two Adams delivers the best shine for reasonably priced products and Zaino can deliver a bit more but, it gonna cost you both extra time and money. Adams is excellent and easy to use. Zaino when done right, which is usually a couple days worth of coats and curing time, will be amazing, it can achieve that deep wet look. I don't think zaino is worth the investment for everyday use, it really is a show car process.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Zaino hands down

·
Registered
389 Posts
Junkman confirmed this for me a few posts ago, the real difference is in how the two brands do what they do. I had long suspected that Z5 has some properties similar to a glaze; how else would you achieve a "nonabrasive" scratch and swirl type-product? Z5 has fillers that work by hiding minor paint defects, followed by Z2 sealant. The Adam's line focuses on removing the defects first and then sealing the paint.

I have used both products with excellent results on a number of different vehicles. The main drawbacks with the Zaino line for me personally were (1) using the multiple product and ever-expanding "system" of Zaino products and (2) their prohibitive costs.

FWIW, I have a Zaino distributor friend that swears Adam's detail spray is best applied over Zaino :laughing:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I like waxes versus polymers. No Zaino or Rejex for me.

:cheers:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have used products from both lines as many have, it's all in the prep. An inexpensive otc product will make your car look good if the surface is flawless. Under that scenario Zaino outshines and certainly outlasts most if not all waxes or sealants available imo.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have used both and now use Adams. The Zaino was amazing and the finish lasted a long time but it was a long process to put it on. Adams was quick and easy. I am about to try Adams "Machine Superwax" because junkman told me the finish will last a long time and he knows his stuff. Even Adam himself will tell you Zaino is a good product. My cabinets are now full of Adams products because that is my preference. I also met Adam and he's a great guy to deal with:thumbsup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have been using adams for a while now.. I really am not a zaino fan..

however I want to get into using menzerna because I have a few friends that detail alot and swear by it

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been using adams for a while now.. I really am not a zaino fan..

however I want to get into using menzerna because I have a few friends that detail alot and swear by it
that menzerna looks like there might be something

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have had my '01 coupe for over 4 years now and Adams is the only product I have used on it. I have looked into the Zainio, and from everything I have read on it and seen some results it is very impressive. What has stopped me from trying it is all of the steps involved and time needed to accomplish the project. Adams has always giving me the results I am looking for and at almost every show I will get at least two to three people asking how I get the shine I have. Both products have to be at the top of the list, but it comes down to how much time you want to spend getting that show ready shine and how easy is the product to use.
If you have not used either product, try both and decide for yourself which gives you the best shine for teh time involved and money spent.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm not an expert with either, never used Adams. I have to laugh when I see all the steps folks use in the Zaino process. I have been a zaino user since I bought my 2003 vette, and I use it on my 06 GXP.

For the vette 1x per year (garage queen), and the GP 2x per year. I use one coat of Z2, and then I am done. I don't care if it is not show quality. It looks great and it lasts a long time.

YMMV.

·
Registered
230 Posts
that menzerna looks like there might be something
I heard you get some menzerna, a flex dual action, and uber pads and your set !

just practice on a POS car cause I heard you can fcuk **** up with a flex.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just about all of our cars are black and we've tried most of the products available. Every company has it's plusses and minuses.

I def. don't like the long process needed for Zaino. Our cars are not garage queens and we have too many to put that time in. The other thing I don't like about Zaino is it is designed to "mask" the damage rather than fix it.

I started using Adam's 8 years ago, along side other products, and have now switched over to using all of Adam's products.

We use so much Adam's products, we became the Philadelphia area dealer last year!

My little stash of Adam's:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just about all of our cars are black and we've tried most of the products available. Every company has it's plusses and minuses.

I def. don't like the long process needed for Zaino. Our cars are not garage queens and we have too many to put that time in. The other thing I don't like about Zaino is it is designed to "mask" the damage rather than fix it.

I started using Adam's 8 years ago, along side other products, and have now switched over to using all of Adam's products.

We use so much Adam's products, we became the Philadelphia area dealer last year!

My little stash of Adam's:

thanks for the info.....

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
I'll never understand those guys that feel compelled to defend their choice of wax to the death :laughing:
:cheers:

I've recently amended my stance on what topics are not acceptable to discuss amongst polite company:

Religion, politics, or detailing supplies :smack

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the great info...like I said I have been using the Adams for a couple months. I am still waiting to see my friends car in person shined on the Zainio, I will post my thoughts when i see it. I will add that i have used the Americana Paste Wax a couple weeks ago using my PC 7424 by putting it in the microwave and warming it up. worked great. I have the spray glaze also however I shake it up and apply and do not see the bang, the snap, the pop! that everyone is talking about...probably me.....any tips on it is much appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Adams all the way! Although I have not tried any other wax-polishes when I got what works already. Everyone is entitled to there opinion but I would like to see a car done with Zaino just for comparison you know!:)

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
I have used both

I bought Zaino in the late 90's early 2000 until I saw Adam's products.

It was the 1st year that Adam's was at Bloomington Gold (when they had their own booth and Adam himself was there)

It is great to MEET the Owner of Adam's and realize he is a car guy like the rest of us. I have been using Adam's since, although I have been slacking since my crrent vette really needs paint

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I have used both

I bought Zaino in the late 90's early 2000 until I saw Adam's products.

It was the 1st year that Adam's was at Bloomington Gold (when they had their own booth and Adam himself was there)

It is great to MEET the Owner of Adam's and realize he is a car guy like the rest of us. I have been using Adam's since, although I have been slacking since my crrent vette really needs paint
You should be flogged! :laughing:

My car, shine courtesy of Zaino:

My car, shine courtesy of Adam's with no wax applied.

They both made my car shine, but they go about it in two different ways.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts