Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a kenwood powered 10" sub and i want to put it in my 2001 vette. it has the factory bose setup. what do i need to do and buy to hook it up?:cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
i have a kenwood powered 10" sub and i want to put it in my 2001 vette. it has the factory bose setup. what do i need to do and buy to hook it up?:cheers:
You can tap the front speakers and use an RCA converter to run to a new AMP. Thats what I did for My 2 10's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to tap the front speakers, do i have to go in between the bose amp and the speaker? is this the only way?

·
Registered
721 Posts
There is a wiring harness that you can buy that plugs directly between your factory harness and your stock radio. It is made by PAC. It is a black box with RCA cables coming out of it. You install your amp like you would in any car and then run the RCA cables to this box. You will also have to tap into a power wire for your amps remote turn on. I believe it is one of the green wires in the harness. I had this setup in my 2000 before i went with a whole system. It worked perfect and looked competely stock. I still have the harness at my house. heres the link to the harness. http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/aoemresults.asp?mmSearch=Chevrolet&Submit=Search+for+AOEM-1+kits

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you remember where the green wire goes? my instructions say it goes in the black plug with the dark green wire thats already there. my problem is, there are 2 dark green wires on the back of the black plug. does it matter which one i use?

·
Registered
721 Posts
i think i remember using the one without the black tracer if that sounds right. I think one is just solid green. Try that first.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
passenger side, or drivers side, factory ground point, sort of by your elbow under the panel.
:agree: That's were I ground mine at.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts