Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey DC'ers -
My dad recently bought a 1LT car and would like to add HUD to it. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, what is involved?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Probably a whole new dash + HUD unit

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Sure it's possible, but it'll be expensive, you may also need a new windshield($1000+).

$1400 for just the glass, HUD unit + install is additional.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't you also need to have a hole in your dashboard for the "tunnel" of the HUD? I used to have a Grand Prix with HUD and the hole in the dash for the projector was pretty deep down into the dash.

·
Registered
105 Posts
HUD Install is done!!

Took me just under 5 hours and thats because i also changed my shifter to a short shifter. If you can change your oil, you can make this upgrade. I still have the regular glass and the image looks great at night. i will see how it looks tomorow. Had to take out alot of screws but the instructions were really easy. Here are some pics. It gets real ugly when you have to actually dismantle the dash of a new Vette to get this, but in the end it was all worth it.

I highly Recomend this Kit sold by Dennis. He is very Knowledgable with the kit he has produced and it trully can not get any easier than this.

Good Luck!!
RoB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts