Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question, but how do I add a picture to my signature and also how can I put some information down there about the car? Is it in the user tools. Thanks for the help, and rock on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
It's in your options. I believe, the image tag is off for sigs, so you'll have to upload your pic for your avatar.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
71-467rat said:
Dumb question, but how do I add a picture to my signature and also how can I put some information down there about the car? Is it in the user tools. Thanks for the help, and rock on!
Hi 71-467rat,

Looks like you got the info in your signature (sig). If you need further help just yell.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
We chose to not have signature pics, but to enable avatars. We think this allows for a cleaner, easier to follow look.

I have considered allowing a smaller signature pictures (banner size), I would like to know everyones feedback on that...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
We chose to not have signature pics, but to enable avatars. We think this allows for a cleaner, easier to follow look.

I have considered allowing a smaller signature pictures (banner size), I would like to know everyones feedback on that...?
Patrick,

My personal experience from other forums is that sig photos tend to get out of control.

The length of a thread grows significantly and there is no real content.

Gotta affect performance as well

Climbimg down off soapbox now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
64vette said:
Patrick,

My personal experience from other forums is that sig photos tend to get out of control.

The length of a thread grows significantly and there is no real content.

Gotta affect performance as well

Climbimg down off soapbox now
Need to agree with what 64vette has stated above. If you do allow them it would be nice if the user can turn sig pic off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
ragvette said:
Need to agree with what 64vette has stated above. If you do allow them it would be nice if the user can turn sig pic off.
Thanks for the support Ragvette, but I gotta disagree with you on the point about allowing them with the ability to turn off.

This exact argument is raging on another corvette forum right now. Their debating whether or not to continue to allow photos in the sigs. The ability to turn off is there for the users today, but nobody does.

Personally, I think they junk up the site, threads get really long because of large sig photos and the animated gifs etc are downright annoying.

Just my opinion (Now climbing into flame suit)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Sig pics

Patrick:
My personnal opinion is that I would like to see ONE banner sized pic in a signature as per your previous thoughts. The reason I like to keep the Canadian flag as my avatar is that the Canadian Corvette family is obviously not as big as that of my US neighbor. I have had other Canadian Corvette owners reply to me , as they picked up on my flag avatar. Some ended up being in my area of Ontario & have met & exchanged info with many new people who have Corvettes in common. At the same time , I wouldn't mind posting ONE small pic of the car in my sig.I am in agreement with many others on this site that many of the sigs can get out of control. Just my .02 worth. Thanx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
64vette said:
Thanks for the support Ragvette, but I gotta disagree with you on the point about allowing them with the ability to turn off.

This exact argument is raging on another corvette forum right now. Their debating whether or not to continue to allow photos in the sigs. The ability to turn off is there for the users today, but nobody does.

Personally, I think they junk up the site, threads get really long because of large sig photos and the animated gifs etc are downright annoying.

Just my opinion (Now climbing into flame suit)
64vette, I agree with you about not allowing pics in the sig. My point was "If you do allow them it would be nice if the user can turn sig pic off". Since I'm on a dial-up then having pics within sig really slows things down for me. Since the user can have a custom "avatar" is all that I think is need.

PS. Flame suits are not required on this forum.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
I have a dsl line so loading a page is pretty quick. I like seeing pics in a signature As long as it's not too long. Some times checking out someones sig is just as interesting as the post.:cool:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Natural Hi said:
I have a dsl line so loading a page is pretty quick. I like seeing pics in a signiture As long as it's not too long. Some times checking out someones sig is just as interesting as the post.:cool:
The site is very "bandwidth friendly". But, so far things have been going really well with everyone being able to choose their own avatar (or upload what they'd like). It makes the thread pages much easier to read, I think.

I like what Z06vette did with signatures, that's about the best I've seen.:thumbsup:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top