Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found quite a few dead threads in different places about this, but has anyone installed a telescopic column in a C5 that was not factory equipped with one? I'm sure I can do it via the FSM, but I didn't know if anyone had done so before. Was it worth it? I've never actually seen a C5 with a telescopic column, but apparently they exist. I'd really like to get the wheel 2 inches closer to the seat...

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual or electric telescopic wheel?
Wouldn't matter to me. If I didn't have to drive it on the street, I would just buy a different wheel and make a spacer since I'm the only driver.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get it done, you'll be happy. My '02 has the electric telescope with memory. I love it!
What's your address?

:laughing:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I've found quite a few dead threads in different places about this, but has anyone installed a telescopic column in a C5 that was not factory equipped with one? I'm sure I can do it via the FSM, but I didn't know if anyone had done so before. Was it worth it? I've never actually seen a C5 with a telescopic column, but apparently they exist. I'd really like to get the wheel 2 inches closer to the seat...
I'm confused both of my C5's had telescoping steering wheels.. I though that was a standard feature since the early 80's:huh:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm confused both of my C5's had telescoping steering wheels.. I though that was a standard feature since the early 80's:huh:
Were they both automatic ones on the right side of the column or were they manual versions?

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
I didn't have a telescopic wheel on the DC-Z because it wasn't an option, but I do have it on the '01 and '03 Convertibles and I absolutely love it. I am way more comfortable in the car since I can bring the wheel closer to me. I can see why you want it.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't have a telescopic wheel on the DC-Z because it wasn't an option, but I do have it on the '01 and '03 Convertibles and I absolutely love it. I am way more comfortable in the car since I can bring the wheel closer to me. I can see why you want it.
Yeah, I drove a C6 with it and realized how close my knees are to the dash in my car. If I drop the seat back, my arms are stretched too far. I've been driving it for 3 years and never knew what I was missing.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Yeah, I drove a C6 with it and realized how close my knees are to the dash in my car. If I drop the seat back, my arms are stretched too far. I've been driving it for 3 years and never knew what I was missing.
Hey, you don't realize what you're missing! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts