Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
done.... I pulled the valve covers again today and voila: 8 rocker arms were loose.... I adjusted the valve lash again and used new self locking nuts instead of the long lock-nuts that came with my stud girdle.

The engine runs fine now, no tapping noise what so ever....... :D :D

It needs a final carb and timing adjustment, it misfires a little when accelerating from 1500 rpm but I am sure that can be adjusted..... above (estimated) 2500 rpm the engine pulls so f^&*ing hard it is unbelieveable :D :D :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have tried to adjust mine in the past, but not real sure I was doing it right. Right after I got headers and exhaust, I convinced myself that I was hearing something coming from under the hood, a new noise. I took it back to the muffler shop, and they say it is not an exhaust leak. Am I imagining the noise? Maybe what I believe to be a tick can be adjusted as yours was?
:huh:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I have tried to adjust mine in the past, but not real sure I was doing it right. Right after I got headers and exhaust, I convinced myself that I was hearing something coming from under the hood, a new noise. I took it back to the muffler shop, and they say it is not an exhaust leak. Am I imagining the noise? Maybe what I believe to be a tick can be adjusted as yours was?
:huh:
It does no harm to check it. Even if it's not that, no harm, no foul.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts