Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

What do you think??

• That's a cool idea!!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Screw you, pay your membership and find out!!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • There is an Area 51?

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Supporting Member" admin request

Hey, just a thought here, but wouldn't more people probably sign up as a Supporting Member if they got a free week in Area 51, or something of the sorts??

Seems like all these people are always "online" but where are they?? My guess is Area 51 is pretty cool.
So . . . . . .

:huh: :huh: :huh:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,435 Posts
Isn't Area 51 where the alien space ships are supposed to be out in Arizona or somewhere?

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
I think its a great idea!

I love DC but I'll never get that supproting membership, I was agenst it from day one, I don't have any money and on top of that I don't want spend money on anything.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Inspiron said:
I think its a great idea!

I love DC but I'll never get that supproting membership, I was agenst it from day one, I don't have any money and on top of that I don't want spend money on anything.
Many, many, many members, no matter what I said, insisted on donating to the cause. (hugs)

So... poof... a supporting member program.

We are grateful that folks want to help the site, but not a requirement by any stretch of your imagination.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
For Me

I guess it is just me but I sent my membership and I am still exploring what the site has to offer. I have posed questions and received answers by Corvettes experts. I had some problems and DC followed up for me. Don't know what is in area 51 (either one) and don't care much. Except maybe that is where the Babes Section is hiding.??

Point is if you are serious about your Vette. This is the best forum I have found.:thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
Patrick said:
Many, many, many members, no matter what I said, insisted on donating to the cause. (hugs)

So... poof... a supporting member program.

We are grateful that folks want to help the site, but not a requirement by any stretch of your imagination.:thumbsup:
What about some kinda donation system? Or mechadise. or both!

·
Super Moderator
9,731 Posts
As soon as I get a job, or enough income where I can catch up on paying off some debt, I plan to become a supporting member. Just no idea how long from now that might be.

It has been a tough year in the job search, but popping in on DC has helped on those days when I needed a friend! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
I joined because this site helps so many people on so many levels. I mean its not like being able to go to the control room made me do it. I just wanted to help. Although I do think paying $50 should warrant a couple extra perks and for longer than a year.

·
Registered
0 Posts
matchframe said:
As soon as I get a job, or enough income where I can catch up on paying off some debt, I plan to become a supporting member. Just no idea how long from now that might be.

It has been a tough year in the job search, but popping in on DC has helped on those days when I needed a friend! :thumbsup:
I feel your pain...Building my house has just about tapped me out...If I was up for renewal I would have to wait till I cought up with the mess I got myself into!:(

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IMO, I think many people are on that egde, and just a small glimpse at "what you get" could help push those into actually stepping up.

I think the "Supporting Member" is a great idea. Trust me from someone who has been around these boards for quite a while, a member dominant board is so much better than a vendor dominating (like the other 2 so-called "big" forums for Corvette). I'm all for vendors, but when the money (and egos) is flowing, and they are your only income resource, political BS ruins everything. Believe me, this "Supporting Member" idea over here is one of, if not the biggest contributing factors to this being the best Corvette forum on the web.

Again, I'm all for the "Supporting Member" status, and think a little taste could go a long way. :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
660 Posts
My supporting membership is coming due, paypal advised me this morning I need to update it to authorize my renewal, which I plan on doing for sure.

DC has been the only forum I've had any real experience with. I can say that the cost of being a "Supporting Member" has repayed itself in discounts from Halltech, a Free Jug of Lucas Oil treatment from Gino, along with valuable information thats hard to put a price on.

So to all those on the fence, the old saying "you'll get out what you put in" rings true here. We're talking like a buck a week or there abouts....

Well worth it in my opinion.....Greg

:thumbsup: :devil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts