Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people think we should have advertisers.

I've been told it's a way to learn about new Corvette products, and new companies selling products. Afterall, they like the ads in Corvette magazines also. More things to "check out".

On the flip side, other sites have had serious political issues and member errosion while struggling to balance the desires of the advertisers (money) with the voice of the members (no money).

So, I'd like to hear any and all feedback on having advertisers here at digitalcorvettes.com.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I see nothing wrong with advertisers under one condition. That being....that the truth will prevail. I believe the issue on other forums is not to say anything bad about a supporting advertisers product or service. Well, IMO, in the real world this happens from time to time. The advertisers need to take their lumps as part of doing business. Feedback, whether postive or negative is part of the contnuous improvement process all businesses should track and react to in a postive manner.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I like the idea of advertisers to help cover the costs of running this site.

My idea would be for companies to buy advertising space knowing that digital corvettes.com is an open forum, where members are free to voice their opinions about products and/or services.

With that said, it would be up to the moderators and members to keep things under control. We have to police ourselves inorder to keep this forum a fun place to hang out.

It will be a fine line to keep things civil and the moderators will have to step up and exercise sound judgement if they have to make a decision to stop a thread, if it's starting to get out of control.

Vendors should understand that if they do something wrong, digitalcorvettes.com will not help them cover things up and save face.

Members should also understand they will have to follow the same guidelines, if they have screwed something up, they shouldn't be blaming a vendor.

It's a tough decision, GoodLuck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
If you decide to accept advertising, you won't here any complaints from me.

I would think that most all Vette owners are pretty discerning folks, i.e....we expect a lot and are pretty picky. At times we can be azzholes.

Purchases from an established company that result in any problems with the transaction/material is between the purchaser and the vendor. Digital Corvettes.com is not the seller, nor is an endorser of the advertiser, the same as any radio station, newspaper and or magazine who accepts money for advertising is not an endorser of those products. This forum cannot become involved in disputes. If I buy tires from XYZ tire co. that has an ad in the Sunday paper and the tires fail, do I call the newspaper to mediate? NO. Same should go here.

Just my .02. Patrick, so far you have driven this site with a steady hand. The ultimate decision is yours..obviously. Thanks for asking for our input.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I agree that having advertisers on the site gives us information and links to information about products. It would probably also assist in paying the bills.

My concern is that the look of the site would/could be spoiled by all the advertising banners etc that currently are present on other forums.

Is it possible to have an advertising section, as opposed to banner ads on the main pages?
This would allow the advertisers a forum here to show us their wares without spoiling what now is the best looking forum on the net.

Just my humble opinion

:D :D

B

·
0 Posts
I could care less either way....but hey, I'm not the one paying the bills to run this site.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think its OK, BUT, I would hate to see this place get like some of the other forums, I wouldn't want the advertisers be able to infulence what we can or can't talk about. or use that as a cop-out.
The Corvette people as a whole are great, and able to take care of theirself.
good luck,
Jim. :cheers: :partyon:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I’m for it. You have done a great job in getting the look right and as mention before the advertisement would hopefully not overpower the site. Second, I would like to see an open discussion on the forum if a member receives bad service or has received a faulty part. As a Moderator I won’t be the first to lock this type of thread unless it gets out of hand. Forum members should also be aware that the opposite is also true. If you receive outstanding service this should also be posted so other forum members understand the level of service a company has. The good and the bad should be posted which brings up that we should create another forum section so post can be placed into it and not all over the site. If someone wants to rant or praise a vendor it should be done in one place - one section.

It’s not the advertisement that makes a great site; it’s the members on it. We do have some great members here so far.

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very good feedback. Keep um coming.

You've given me new things to think about.:thumbsup:

·
resident conservative
1,039 Posts
I have had an issue with vendor/ advertiser and did report on them in the past. They never did try to defend them selfs in that complaint, with that said I think if a advertiser wants to advertise they sould be aware if they are not ethical in doing business the word will go out on them.
I think haveing advertisers is great way to pay the bills, as long if they are straight.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Advertisers are OK. I would ask that no pop-ups be allowed.

Someone else mentioned an advertisers section. I like that idea as well.

Any banner ads be kept to a minimum. Nothing worse than waiting for an ad to load.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Agree with the opinion of some income to help cover the cost of the site would be acceptable, if not helpful in keeping us up to date & educating us on available vendor and products. :cool:

Whenever I'm researching mods available for my Z, I have to go to other sites.......:(

·
Registered
256 Posts
biltogo said:
I see nothing wrong with advertisers under one condition. That being....that the truth will prevail. I believe the issue on other forums is not to say anything bad about a supporting advertisers product or service. Well, IMO, in the real world this happens from time to time. The advertisers need to take their lumps as part of doing business. Feedback, whether postive or negative is part of the contnuous improvement process all businesses should track and react to in a postive manner.
:partyon: :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts