Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a basically stock 94 LT1, exhaust, no cats, stock manifolds, cut lid, maf spacer (mid america) and pcmforless tune. Do I take traction control off? manual shift? what is the stock stall should I rev it up to that then launch? thanks guys still young and learning. Also Ive seen people getting mid to high thirteens hoping I might get close you never know though

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah only prob. with the car is a very minor oil leak from the rear main seal and supposedly the car was rebuilt to stock 30k ago thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply I did a search and only came on posts as to "what will my time be?" I appreciate the info!

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
thanks for the reply I did a search and only came on posts as to "what will my time be?" I appreciate the info!
No problem! The search feature is a great tool. Using lots of keywords is the biggest trick and you can also narrow results down by section. I think I search with "drag 1/4 tips" in the C4 section.

Hopefully some others will chime in soon, I know plenty of guys have been spending time at the strips lately.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one more question if you do manual shift the auto tranny what are some good shift points? I used to do that with my 89 t/a but just hit the redline and had no idea what I was doin...

·
Registered
441 Posts
one more question if you do manual shift the auto tranny what are some good shift points? I used to do that with my 89 t/a but just hit the redline and had no idea what I was doin...
90% of the time manually shifting a mostly stock LT1 Vette will yield slightly worse quarter mile times.........your stock transmission and it's valvebody wasn't really meant to be manually shifted in a drag race situation....also, many times, line pressure dosn't build as efficiently this way for your stock trans(IE: weaker shifts).......most of the time the best results can be achieved by putting the car in 3rd(drive 1) and letting the trans do the work all the way thru..... always, traction control off.........then there are two types of leaving that people usually go with(both should be tried).......one is foot braking till the rev's get as high as your stock converter will allow "without" spinning the tires....then let off the brake and floor the gas (at the same time) and go.........OR, what works best for many guys.......Just lightly press your brakes, without really trying to get any additional rev's out of the engine....and when the light turns green...floor it directly from idle type RPM's(mabe just a hair above)......this will flash the converter and sometimes give and even harder hitting start than holding the brake hard like in the other method..........Mine(a long time ago) when it was mostly stock ran high 13's(on a hot humid day)... Im sure it would have shaved another tenth or two in some nice 40 degree weather;) ...so yours should be around the same(give or take)....and leaving from "only" slightly above idle (like mentioned in the second method) proved to be the best for mine(at that time)...........good luck with it................Joe

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow thats awesome thanks for the info I always thought manually shifting was the thing to do when dragging guess not thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
wow thats awesome thanks for the info I always thought manually shifting was the thing to do when dragging guess not thanks!
No problem buddy..good luck at the track:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts