Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Obsessive Customizer
Joined
·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has checked on getting chrome parts; i.e. screws, door and hood strikers, hood hinges, truck hinges, etc. and seen the outragious prices, then my question to you is "Would you buy them if the were 20-50% less than anyone else?"

Customevettes.net is currently working on just that. We will be doing the chroming ourselves, not selling parts chromed by another manufacturer then reslling them! But what I want to know is is there enough of a market to C5 owners? Are you interested enough or is the expense not worth it anyway?

I would like your opinion!

Thanks,
Customvettes
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
39,418 Posts
Could have some interest. Can you be more specific on what pieces and at what price range. Also what level of polishing ahnd chroming. Some chroming is done to protect and some is done to a show finish.
 

·
Obsessive Customizer
Joined
·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prices are still being looked at but to give you an example: Design Specialties charges $100.00 for two door stikers w/exchange, $125.00 without - our price would be $79.99 w/exchange.

As for the quality of chrome, we will use a "Triple Chrome Plating" which consists of a Copper Plate, Nickel Plate, then a chrome plate for show quality. The decorative chrome consists only of 1 sometimes 2 steps. We will have a three step process to ensure a high show quality shine with durability!
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
39,418 Posts
Sounding good.
 

·
Obsessive Customizer
Joined
·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iceburgh said:
You can count me in for all of it....how long before this happens?
We are still in the gathering stages of the equipment. Naturally we want to test our products before selling it to other Corvette owners to ensure that the highest possible quality and durability is achieved when we release them. This original post was to see if there was an interest for these from vette owners. My guess is it will be a couple of months, but we will let the DigitalCorvette community know as soon as it is available.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
customvettes said:
We are still in the gathering stages of the equipment. Naturally we want to test our products before selling it to other Corvette owners to ensure that the highest possible quality and durability is achieved when we release them. This original post was to see if there was an interest for these from vette owners. My guess is it will be a couple of months, but we will let the DigitalCorvette community know as soon as it is available.
Lots of stuff I'd like to chrome. It'd have to be this winter though because I need all the parts at the moment! :laughing:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
biltogo said:
Heys, you ought to post about this in C1,2,3 and 4.
That's what the GENERAL Corvette Discussion section is for!

Did you read the moderators manual? Page 186, near the bottom.

:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
That's what the GENERAL Corvette Discussion section is for!

Did you read the moderators manual? Page 186, near the bottom.

:thumbsup:
I've never been real good at following instructions.:lookinup: :stick:
 

·
Obsessive Customizer
Joined
·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
biltogo said:
Heys, you ought to post about this in C1,2,3 and 4.
We are going to, but the first sets we create are going to be for the C5's. We will be offering assorted screw kits for the other generations when we come up with a "good selection".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
customvettes said:
We are going to, but the first sets we create are going to be for the C5's. We will be offering assorted screw kits for the other generations when we come up with a "good selection".
ok:cheers:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top