Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting closer to the big mods for my car, and i can't decide on what heads will fit my car best.

Mods that will be put on my car are LG LT Pros, B&B Bullets, LG G5X3 cam, F.A.S.T Intake and Ported TB, i also have a Vara Ram VR-B2 CAI already on the car.

I am not going to do any other mods farther than what i stated above, so what would be the best heads option in my case? It seems the 225's are more for built up engines compared to the 205's that seem to be just for the 346 LS6. Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks, Patrick:cheers:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
hey pat,
i had the same question so i emailed lg and talked to Anthony he recommended the 205cc because its a street car and the 205's make more torque the 225's are designed for (i think he said) 383 ci cars UNLESS its going to be a strip car because theres less power down low and more up top

so i would say if its going to be a street car i would go with the 205's:cheers:

i also wanted a g5x3 but my tuner said it wasn't to street friendly:rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bigred

I kinda knew that i should go with the 205's. What cam do you have in your car? The G5X3 seems like it would make my car a more racer for the street deal, my car is not a dail driver so it could be dealt with.

Patrick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i don't have a cam in the car yet but i have one in mind and already have what i want planned out

mine isn't a daily driver either and im doing it mostly for the sound and thats why i automatically thought the x3 but im thinking about one with about a 589 595 lift so it should sound good and still have good street manners because i don't want to have a car thats not fun to drive

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see where your coming from bigred, but i get in my Z06 feeling like Ron Fellows when i'm just going out to get a quart of milk :devil:.

I love the race car feel this car has, it's the raw feeling and sound it produces that makes my blood pump, if i can make that even more amplified it's all good. I guess it just depends on how you what your car to feel and perform, so a bigger cam wouldn't be too bad for my situation

Pat,

I was thinking of going FI, but i just dont think i need THAT much power, how's your cars manners on the street? That has to be some bad ass car you got there!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i feel the same exact way

even though the sound of the car has kind of gone in stages stock,cat back,cat back + lg pros:devil:

so i love to let every one hear what i have.....especially when im making a left turn and theres a big line of traffic and no one in front of me:devil:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Very tame and well mannered until you lay into the pedal, then unholy hell breaks loose :devil:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Hey bigred, you getting ready to have open heart? You know, I'm a CVICU RN.
the car is soon to have open heart(we call the car big red).....if you know what i mean:devil:

whats a cvicu rn?:huh:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Cardio Vascular Intensive care Unit Registered Nurse :thumbsup:
What are your plans for the Surgery?:devil:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
your a nurse!?:surprised :laughing: the first thing that came to mind was meet the fauckers

but the plans are

cam
afr 205 heads
oil pump
underdrive pully
fast 90/90
36 pound fuel injectors
hardened pushrods
timing chain
3200 stall torque converter
build the trans
tune
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
im sure im forgetting something but you get the idea

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
you think so?

my tuner wanted to use 42# :thud:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
what kind of numbers are you laying down with that black beauty

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
:thumbsup:

seems like we've hijacked acr's thread:spanked:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have bought almost exactly the same stuff as you have, except for the headers. I have Dynatech SuperMaxx headers. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to install it all.

I think that you (and me) will have somewhere around 470-480 rwhp with that combo. At least that's what I'm told.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts