Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has used AFR heads specifically on an LT4?
-Rick

·
resident conservative
1,039 Posts
As an alternative check out edelbrock's new LT1 style heads They are not LT4 type but there is more alternates now!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just wondering who may of had them because I am trying to figure out what length push rods would be needed.. the lt4 is running a hot cam with the stock valve train (except new lifters) I heard there was a tool for measuring the push rod length but I would like more info.. supposedly the tool goes inplace of the push rod and bolt to the rocker stud.. but I'm never seen or used one.. Yes, even master tech's don't know everything.. LoL

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
VetteTech81 said:
I'm just wondering who may of had them because I am trying to figure out what length push rods would be needed.. the lt4 is running a hot cam with the stock valve train (except new lifters) I heard there was a tool for measuring the push rod length but I would like more info.. supposedly the tool goes inplace of the push rod and bolt to the rocker stud.. but I'm never seen or used one.. Yes, even master tech's don't know everything.. LoL
yes, it is an adjustibale pushrod.. the stock push rods should be 7.2" I think.. I am currently running 7.250" on my SBC

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-=Jeff=- said:
yes, it is an adjustibale pushrod.. the stock push rods should be 7.2" I think.. I am currently running 7.250" on my SBC
So how much is this tool and where can I get one? So jeff do you own one of those? So do you just torq the rocker down and adjust the length of the tool? I would have thought that AFR could tell you which lenght to use with whatever head gasket but I suppose measuring it is most accurate.
Thanks,
Rick

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
VetteTech81 said:
So how much is this tool and where can I get one? So jeff do you own one of those? So do you just torq the rocker down and adjust the length of the tool? I would have thought that AFR could tell you which lenght to use with whatever head gasket but I suppose measuring it is most accurate.
Thanks,
Rick
I have the longer one, but needed the shorter one. As far as I know it comes with instructions, but I think you set the rocker like normal. Befoee you set it up, use a black marker on the top of the Valve where the rocker will hit. After you install the adjustable pushrod and rocker, you would then turn the motor over by had and then take it apart. if the black is worn off in the center on the valve, that is the size you need.

When I installed my CNC heads I needed a longer pushrod to compensate for the shaved deck of the head.

hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts