591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alignment ?
I'd think that you should

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
YES!!!
NOT because you changed your trans .... But you should have your alignment checked every 3-4 oil chages.... VERY expencive tires last longer and autoXers can cut times with the proper settings

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured you would need to because you pull the crosmember out.....

I usually just string my car, just like the race car.
If it's out then I adjust it.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
Do it. It's cheap insurance

·
Registered
273 Posts
Does anyone know if i lower my car an inch or so with only using the spring bolts, do i have to align it again? Thanks in advance.:cool:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
dalc5 said:
Does anyone know if i lower my car an inch or so with only using the spring bolts, do i have to align it again? Thanks in advance.:cool:
Absolutely.

But, drive the car 20 miles before you drop it off for the 4-wheel alignment so the suspension can settle in.

I lowered my car, had it aligned. I then thought the rear was a tad low, so we cranked down on the bolts, until it sat where I wanted it.

I drove it around to let it get settled, then measured everything again and made some final tweaks. I then went and had the 4-wheel alignment done AGAIN (twice in 4 days.) But, worth it.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
:smokin:
Even if you "string" your car
A proper alignment by a QUALIFIED professional will give you a proper "baseline" for your next string alignment
I use A string or line of sight on my own cars .... but I'm the front end guy at a dealer so I see cars every day properly aligned by the machine. You can really mess with camber lowering a car and that will throw toe WAY out and fry your new expencive tires long before there time!!
FIND WORN OUT PARTS, REDUCE ROLLING DRAG and INCRESE TIRE LIFE with a proper 4 wheel alignment

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
JCswm said:
:smokin: FIND WORN OUT PARTS, REDUCE ROLLING DRAG and INCRESE TIRE LIFE with a proper 4 wheel alignment
Very good advice:thumbsup:

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JCswm said:
:smokin:
Even if you "string" your car
A proper alignment by a QUALIFIED professional will give you a proper "baseline" for your next string alignment
I use A string or line of sight on my own cars .... but I'm the front end guy at a dealer so I see cars every day properly aligned by the machine. You can really mess with camber lowering a car and that will throw toe WAY out and fry your new expencive tires long before there time!!
FIND WORN OUT PARTS, REDUCE ROLLING DRAG and INCRESE TIRE LIFE with a proper 4 wheel alignment

I have camber, caster and toe gauges . I my car done with a computer alignment machine and I've used it as a baseline.

I've used a string on every car and race car I've worked on.
Never a problem and it has shown me problems before I knew there was one:partyon:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts