Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever replaced the A-arm dust shields with after market items as opposed to genuine ones? Did they fit ok? The after market ones I've seen look as good as the genuine but at about a 3rd of the price...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Has anyone ever replaced the A-arm dust shields with after market items as opposed to genuine ones? Did they fit ok? The after market ones I've seen look as good as the genuine but at about a 3rd of the price...
I bought mine from Ecklers and they fit good.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks guys. I think I'll go with the aftermarket ones - we don't get too many puddles out here anyway :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
we don't get too many puddles out here anyway :rolleyes:
:laughing: let us know what you get and where you get them. Mine have seen better days to say the least.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I just looked at them and they look great but it's a pain in the tits for me that they don't have an online ordering system :WTF
That's just the way they do business. And, if you call the toll free line without part #s and CC # ready, they will hang up. Doc's a funny guy, but he does have the BEST parts. NCRS is his mainstay.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's just the way they do business. And, if you call the toll free line without part #s and CC # ready, they will hang up. Doc's a funny guy, but he does have the BEST parts. NCRS is his mainstay.
Yeah, I've heard good things about Doc, but too much effort required (from me) to work out the time difference then phone an order through :thud:

I can get the shields from a few places. Ecklers sell an Engine Compartment Seal Kit which includes everything in the pic.

Is it worth getting the kit or just the dust shields?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Yeah, I've heard good things about Doc, but too much effort required (from me) to work out the time difference then phone an order through :thud:

I can get the shields from a few places. Ecklers sell an Engine Compartment Seal Kit which includes everything in the pic.

Is it worth getting the kit or just the dust shields?
1) I try not to buy from Eckler's. Too much crap.
2) I don't know what half that stuff is.:laughing:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Try Corvette Central, I have had Good luck ordering on line with them plus they don't clip you on shipping charges overseas, Also Keen is a good place to order from. I don't know if you have problems importing like Thailand but I use USPS to get parts in with out any hidden charges like UPS and Fedup hits us with over here.:huh:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just looked at them and they look great but it's a pain in the tits for me that they don't have an online ordering system :WTF

Yeah, I know. I'm always complaining about calling places and getting the crappy automated choices - "why the hell can't a just talk to a real person!!" But the internet sure does make things easy.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Try Corvette Central, I have had Good luck ordering on line with them plus they don't clip you on shipping charges overseas, Also Keen is a good place to order from. I don't know if you have problems importing like Thailand but I use USPS to get parts in with out any hidden charges like UPS and Fedup hits us with over here.:huh:
No Dean, I don't really have any shipping problems as some time ago, I bought a P.O. Box in New York from a shipping company here in Saudi. They ship anything from my P.O. Box to me at far better rates than DHL or FEDEX etc and there's no "volumetric" weight. In other words, I only pay for the weight, regardless of the size box it's in. Also, they don't lose/steal/break anything like the local mail system!

Having that address in New York means that what ever I buy from the US, the vendor only charges me for shipping within the US and then I pay for the shipping from my P.O. Box to here once it actually arrives.

...I don't know what half that stuff is.:laughing:
But has anyone used the "engine compartment seal kit" before? Is it worth using the whole kit or just get the A-arm dust shields? I'm the same as bigbird :WTF

·
Registered
183 Posts
I recommend installing the entire kit. It doesn't cost that much more and if your A arm flaps are that bad, the other seals are either just as bad or gone completely.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True, but I don' even know where the rest of the bits go! :smack

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know where all these bits go? :crazy:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Saudi - I get the same big smile on my face every time I look at your car in your avatar as I do when I look at B2B's bird-head avatar. That's a classic! The doughnut wheel really sets it off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts