Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has one?

I'm thinking of getting a March (and Summit has one) that looks like it bolts to the head front and then has the threaded rod thingie for the adjustment.

Is it worth it to you?

They look kind of cool and might be a small weight savings?

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
I am running the full March Pulley stuff on my 69. I have put them on other cars, and my friends have run March pulleys as well.

They work, and I am sure just the alt will be very simple. However, I have had some minor troubles with them sending the wrong bolts...etc.

Just FYI, we just put a complete serpentine off a 1990 1500 chevy truck on my buddies 1981 406 project vette. We only had to trim one side of the bracket on the passenger lower area.

They fit and look like a champ. He has all the a/c, power steering..alt..etc. on one simple self adjusting belt.

It turned out very nice.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I bought a Zoops aluminum alternator bracket and put on my motor. Mostly because I went with an aluminum water pump and that threw everything out of alignment. The Zoops was the first one I came across at a Street Rod Show. It allows the alternator to be moved in or out, toward the front of the car. This puts the alternator in perfect alignment. Also has the heim joint adjuster to tension the belt. Pretty nice setup IMO.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eddie 70 said:
I bought a Zoops aluminum alternator bracket and put on my motor. Mostly because I went with an aluminum water pump and that threw everything out of alignment. The Zoops was the first one I came across at a Street Rod Show. It allows the alternator to be moved in or out, toward the front of the car. This puts the alternator in perfect alignment. Also has the heim joint adjuster to tension the belt. Pretty nice setup IMO.
That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. I just emailed Zoops for part numbers and cost. Thanks:cheers: :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts