Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. been reading about exhausts for the ZO6 here, and from what iv gathered, theres really no need to change it unless u want a louder exhaust cuz the power gains were not much, if any... since GM did a really good job with the design of this exhaust.

Is that right? If so then what do u think about this.. theres a german based company here called FOX exhaust dunno if u heard of it but the take ur exhaust off and make a copy of it in SS and will sound nice for about $1000. Should i go for it or not?

What do u say?

Thanx:thumbsup:
Zane...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Aftermarket exhaust 06 Z06

Zane for a few dollors more you can go with corsa exhaust. I have it on my 04 vette and it comes in ss from the cats all the way back to mufflers it sounds better then stock.:partyon:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but i dont live in the US anymore and i would have to order it and pay international shipping which will be an arm and a leg.. :spanked:

Zane...

·
Registered
145 Posts
zane..... why pay a rack ($1000) for a stock exhaust? put a couple more birds ($100) and get a better exhaust. there are a lot of aft exhaust systems to choose from. ohh just pay the shipping its worth it dont go cheap on the vette. if u do any mods anyway you'll probably have to get it from the u.s anyway. :partyon:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hah.. i pulled the fuse from day one at the dealership.. they thought i was:crazy:

Im not trying to go cheap but like i said from what i read i understood that an exhaust will not add that much power.. thats why im thinking to spend the least for it.. just for the sound basically.

So how much would the best exhaust for the Z06 be? and which to go with? I want her to ROAAAAAR... i know its been beaten to death but...

Anyways thanx
Zane...

·
Registered
393 Posts
After Market Exhaust

There are a lot of companies that do exhaust I say look on different web sites of companies and see what you are happy with a can pay for. With Z06 everything is high just make sure you have the greens to pay.Oh nice pixs of your car.:partyon:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know international shipping/etc is expensive, but I'd keep it stock or go with a good aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone has the B&B triflow? How do u like it?

Or should i go with a Corsa? or Borla? hahaha desisions decisions

Zane...

·
Registered
393 Posts
My ZO6's Bullets make beautiful music. There are sound clips of all the brands on the internet, but without listening to them in person, it's a crapshoot.

Joel

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bullets? r those B&B?

extanker... the SLP are 2.5"... isnt that sort of a drawback compared to a 3" pipe? Where can i hear a soundclip of the SLP? they dont have one on their site.

Thanx Fellaz

Zane

·
Registered
393 Posts
Zane

Mine are the 3" B & B Bullets; not the Fusion, not the PRT.

Joel

·
Registered
939 Posts
Bullets? r those B&B?

extanker... the SLP are 2.5"... isnt that sort of a drawback compared to a 3" pipe? Where can i hear a soundclip of the SLP? they dont have one on their site.

Thanx Fellaz

Zane
Speaking of not having sound clips on their site... I really want to hear some Borla Stingers w/o an X-Pipe on a C6. Does anyone have any advice as to where I can find this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts