1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Will they fit on the factory brackets or do you need custom brackets? I have an 82' with power drivers seat. I would be interested in them too if there wasn't to much modifications needed.

·
Registered
746 Posts
The procars are stiff as a board. My buddy had a set in a Mustang and they were horrible. But that being said they are a great price. If you drive you car on weekends and not too many miles a year then go for it. If you put a thousand plus miles on your car a year spend the extra money.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
You get what you pay for with seats. i would go to speed direct and get there Corbou A4 kit it comes with brackets and seats everything you need to pout them in for about a $1000 might seem high but look at it this way, why spend so much money on your vette and then not be happy with it cause its a uncomfterble ride.

Or find yourself a set of C5 seats on the cheep.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey
Its difficult to find those seats over here. Salvage yard C5 seats will be impossible to find. Shipping from the US will be expensive.
I found these, made by Recaro and, im gonna get flamed, they came out of a Porsche. 600€
regards
Nick

·
Registered
746 Posts
Dojo those seats are going to be F'n awesome. My dad has a mid 80's Porshe 944 with an LT1 swap in it and it has the same exact seat in it. Those things are crazy comfortable and give a lot of support.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input guys

tjkcreations, my 81 is with power seat too so I plan on welding my aftermarket seat to the actual supports/rails, shouldn't be much of a problem. Just need to make sure I won't fit too high in the car (I'm 6.16 feet tall)

cobra, that was my main concern, i think i'll save for the corbeau seats and not have to change them cause as dojo said shipping to europe + gov taxes are a killing (add 40% of the base price) and I wouldn't like to change those twice

anyway I think corbeau are sexy since I saw that Frankensport project and I'll probably stick to them.

Not sure about the belts, mine are ****ed up..I wanted to go for 4 or 5 points harness but I have read big cons for 4+ points harness in a street car, it could turn to be more dangerous. I'm referring to this: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/five-point-belts-will-paralyze-you-and-other-fun-safety-facts/

dojo: is that a new door or did you paint it? it looks coming right out from the factory. When my vette is road ready I'll come check yours :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts