1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, read this first.
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=880928#post880928
Okay, now I do believe in cause/effect.
But, for the life of me, I do not know what happened. I did check to see if the column install pinched a wire. Nope.

I can pull the following codes:

13-Oxygen sensor
21-Throttle position sensor
23-mixture solenoid
44-Lean mixture
51-Prom
53-Faulty ECM

Holy crap. Catastrophic failure from installing a steering column? Anybody have any ideas? I am fresh out, and pissed out of my mind.:thud: :thud:
I'll take any suggestion. It might be something simple/stupid. (Like rebuilding it in the first place.:laughing: ).

·
Registered
658 Posts
Loose Wire

·
Registered
658 Posts
All I messed with is the harmonica connector. But, it might be something up in there. I'll try a wiggle test tomarrow.:thud:

Need help I can hold the the other end of the meter clip
are you working next week.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need help I can hold the the other end of the meter clip
are you working next week.
Monday and Tuesday. I'll beat it to death tomarrow. Stop by after your cruise if your in the hood.(Look for the smoke signal).:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
738 Posts
BB, check the connectors next to the dizzy that are for the engine sensors, and the manifold ground there by the Thermostat, sounds like you lost all the engine monotoring

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BB, check the connectors next to the dizzy that are for the engine sensors, and the manifold ground there by the Thermostat, sounds like you lost all the engine monotoring
Been there, done that. I have checked every connector that has anything to do with engine management. It now starts, light goes off, comes back on in 30 seconds or less. Still stumped. Changed oxygen sensor since I had a spare. No change. Will do the whole GM drill starting in the AM.:thud:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Coolant sensor bad. Comp may be bad. Mixture solenoid stopped working. Secondaries will not open. New steering control valve leaks. Cris, send me some matches.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Jeez I'm glad a previous owner swapped all that **** out of mine, sounds like a right PITA BB...

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I got the secondaries working. Choke heater was set correctly, causing the secondaries to stay locked out. Also, BTO throttle bracket needed adjusting to get full accelerator cable travel. Also, 700-r throttle cable now adjusted properly.
I'll buy a coolant sensor Monday, and TimAT is sending his test set. Sent Pattie a not about the steer valve leaking on the replacement unit.
Cris, where's my matches?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts