Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last I parked it (1997 C5) it was running find, I went to start it up and the Battery was dead, took it out and charged, when i returned it to car, the air blower is running on High with no Key in the Ignition. After I start car the blower will run on high . If I turn on the AC, it run perfect or just the Fans, no problem, But if I turn fans off and AC off, the blower comes on . Anyone seen this before?
Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm beginning to see that the same thing never happens exactly alike twice with these Vettes. :crazy:
Have you been through any rain or water? That's the way mine started. Those plug ins that exist all over the car will begin to corrode and you go around the car unplugging them until you find the right one, clean it up, plug it back in and it will run perfect again.
If that's what the problem is, I just went through all this with mine and I did a lot of research on it. I found my plug in under the drivers seat. Most of the times I understand it's one of the ones under the hood. You can check those before carrying it to the shop.

Be sure and take the ground lead off your battery before starting.

:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going through the same thing with my 97. I came home from the gym one morning to get ready for work. When I walked out to go to work I heard the blower fan running. I tried everything. I had to unhook the battery to get it to cut off. The only way I could make it work was to install a toggle switch to turn the blower on and off. Now eight months later my dual climate controler does not even come on. The digital controller just below the radio is what i am talking about. Reading the post above I am going to check all my connections and see if that works before I replace my ac controller which I was preparing to do. I hope that it is just a bad conection. It will save me alot of money. I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blower problem

My issue turned out to be blower control Module, located next to blower. dealer wanted 190.00 for part, I got one new on e-bay for 100. they added heat fins to add in cooling , maybe it will last longer. had to pull passager seat to get at it, it is located under dash on passager side. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am going through the same thing with my 97. I came home from the gym one morning to get ready for work. When I walked out to go to work I heard the blower fan running. I tried everything. I had to unhook the battery to get it to cut off. The only way I could make it work was to install a toggle switch to turn the blower on and off. Now eight months later my dual climate controler does not even come on. The digital controller just below the radio is what i am talking about. Reading the post above I am going to check all my connections and see if that works before I replace my ac controller which I was preparing to do. I hope that it is just a bad conection. It will save me alot of money. I will let you know what I find.
Good luck, let us know how it works out. When you find it (if it's a plug) you'll know it as soon as you unplug in. They're all over the car. I can email you a drawing of where they all are if you don't have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found some plug ins in the battery compartment but none of them were corroded. My problem is still on going. I have another thread going about the same thing. I have wrote in it that I think I may have 2 problems. 1 is my HVAC controller has gone bad. It is a dual climate control unit. 2 is my blower control module. The Email you were talking about sending would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts