Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'96 LT1 with the automatic A/C heater controls. Can't seem to regulate the air temperature. When you turn on the A/C and adjust the temp down as low as possible, the air coming out of the vents will get very cold as is should and then begin to move up in temp sometimes all the way to hot. It will then move back down to cold. I seem to have plenty of refrigerated air available, but just can't keep the blend door where it should be.

I've replace the controls and have gotten the same results. I think the blend door is moved by an electric motor. I've tried resetting the controls as per the owners manual and no change.

Since I've gotten the same results with 2 different sets of controls, I'm thinking something is wrong at the blend motor. But - how do you get to the blend motor? I don't have a FSM (I know I need one and it's on the list).

Is the blend motor on top of the air box or below? If on top, is it accessable by taking off the dashpad?, if it's below, can you get there from underneath? I looked at the hush panel on the passenger side and i can't see any bolts / screws to remove to get it off.

I personally like driving with the windows down, but when it rains, it's nice to have that A/C blowing cold!!!:D

Any & all advise will be appreciated!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the blower motor out and saw a door, but I think this is the recirculate door?? It does move. When the A/C is on, it is pulled up horizontal and you can actually see through to the passenger floorboard. When the heater is on, it closes so that it is in a vertical position.

Does anyone have a schematic or drawing of where all the parts are in the heat & A/C system?

Still looking for that temp blend door & motor.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts