Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 c6. Just joined digital corvettes and have never sent a 'thread' or 'blog' before. So here we go. I'd like to change my stock intake with either a Hurricane, Vortex Rammer, or VaraRam. Anyone have any suggestions or input. Thanks

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Still trying to decide which way I want to go for mine:huh:
Thinking of the Halltech:D
Anyway welcome to DC :buhbye:

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you want a simple drop in go with halltech which what I have and only one available back when I got it. If you don't mind cutting go with vararam, which I will do if I have to buy now.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
First of all welcome to DC. I went with the callaway honker and I am very pleased with it. I have heard good things about vararam though. After you read enough threads and do your research I'm sure you will make the right decision.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Callaway Honker CAI

Welcom to DC:thumbsup:

I just purchased the Callaway Honker CAI, however, it is not installed yet. I like the clean appearance under the hood. I also heard from others in the forum that they are happy with the performance.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you want a simple drop in go with halltech which what I have and only one available back when I got it. If you don't mind cutting go with vararam, which I will do if I have to buy now.
Blackwing and K&N Aircharger are virtually the same as Haltech. Open up the bottom of the shroud and hold about 3" open with a variety of props, and you will get only cold, outside air to the filter which hangs down in the airstream. It will be worth at least 15 rwhp--more as you increase speed, over just the filter CAI. 1 degree cooler to the intake = 1 hp. The shroud does not have to be modified in any way and can be returned to stock position in 15 seconds. Lots of threads, "Free cold air," on doing this. May not get quite the increase of the VR, but I didn't want to cut the shroud, and the VR quality has been in some dispute. Good luck! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts