Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
#1vette#1 said:
are airfoils worth it, or should I spend the extra $200 for a new throttle body?
Airfoils? I think someone picked up 2hp on a dyno.

Do you have a "big picture" to your mod plans... or are you just doing things here-and-there as you get $$$ ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick said:
Airfoils? I think someone picked up 2hp on a dyno.

Do you have a "big picture" to your mod plans... or are you just doing things here-and-there as you get $$$ ?
both kinda. my real plan is to get a new intake(probably a miniram), cam, new exaust system(that melrose system looks pretty nice), new radiator, new transmission(swap my auto for a 6 speed maybe), and some other minor stuff...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
#1vette#1 said:
are airfoils worth it, or should I spend the extra $200 for a new throttle body?
As mentioned, maybe 2HP for the Air Foil.

The bigger TB is a waste of money, unless you have some serious engine mods.
The stock TB gives more than enough air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
:laughing: I remember a time, not too long ago, when dozens of people would respond to this topic and swear up and down that they were getting outstanding results with the air foil. It was amazing, one testimonial after another, for a little piece of metal that did nothing. Looks like a lot of people wised up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tyrel said:
:laughing: I remember a time, not too long ago, when dozens of people would respond to this topic and swear up and down that they were getting outstanding results with the air foil. It was amazing, one testimonial after another, for a little piece of metal that did nothing. Looks like a lot of people wised up?
its all psychological I guess:crazy:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top