Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
That creepy old guy
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this might be just an all out stupid question, but a friend of mine says it can be done. I told him he's out of his mind. Is it possible to set a Corvette up with air bags to lower and raise the car? :WTF

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've seen all-wheel drive corvettes, corvette mud-boggers, C3's with coil-over suspension, C2's with C5 frames and lot's of other high-tech stuff. So I think: sure! But it'll require some mighty fabrication work I suspect.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
It can definetly be done, but I would think that it would probably jeopardize the handling somewhat. But even if it does, it would sure look cool:thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
ehhhhhhhh

well my friend...unfortunately i came to this dilemna about 6 mths ago myself...i talked to air ride tech's guys on the phone and they said it would require the shockwave 9000 series. The problem is its crowded down there and its a 6.5" circumfrencee bag. So unless you fab a 4 link yourself or something else custom...the bags necessary to support a c3 are too big to fit. Good luck and start saving some cash ....gonna cost an @$$ load!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts