Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come to think of it, the present Corvette only has two Airbags. I don't think there are to many 50K plus cars (excluding super-exotics) out there that have only two. Most in this price range have at-least four or six Airbags. I hope that the new C6 comes w/at-least six.

Can't wait to see it at the LA Auto Show!

***Split from the warrenty thread***
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Shawn H. said:
Come to think of it, the present Corvette only has two Airbags. I don't think there are to many 50K plus cars (excluding super-exotics) out there that have only two. Most in this price range have at-least four or six Airbags. I hope that the new C6 comes w/at-least six.

Can't wait to see it at the LA Auto Show!

***Split from the warrenty thread***
I'm certain they'll make progress with the airbag systems. I can't imagine they'd have only 2 this time around.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,114 Posts
Hey guys didn't you read the RPO listing? "AJ7 Airbags - Frontal and Side impact". Appears to be only on the non SX1 strippo optioned C6. The SX1 will still have frontal - I didn't note the RPO, but it is stated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Airbags aren't something I'm real concerned about for the C6. Sure I want to be safe, but I can definitely live with only two airbags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
zeus1030 said:
ummm, no you may not be able to live with only two airbags......... the more the better
I'm just saying that I think two airbags is a sufficient number. If it isn't then where will it stop. Maybe we should just fill the whole car with airbags so that if you hit something your whole body is absorbed into a huge bubble of air from all sides. It will be heavy as hell though and expensive.
 

·
Mr. Casino
Joined
·
7,581 Posts
I wonder if front airbags offer much protection over a good seat belt system. I supposed they offer protection from those "forgetting" to put their seatbelts on. Right, Patrick? :rolleyes:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,114 Posts
TreCool626 said:
Maybe we should just fill the whole car with airbags so that if you hit something your whole body is absorbed into a huge bubble of air from all sides.
Sounds like the perfect car for my teenage son!! If its his fault, he can stay hidden inside the mass of bags for several hours waiting for me to cool down so that I don't kill him. Good all around family safety!
 

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
11,957 Posts
elints said:
I wonder if front airbags offer much protection over a good seat belt system. I supposed they offer protection from those "forgetting" to put their seatbelts on. Right, Patrick? :rolleyes:
DO NOT ride in an airbag equiped car without a seat belt...you have a very high chance of being killed/severly injured if the airbag deploys and you don't have your seatbelt on..airbags are designed to work in conjuction with seatbelts not as an alternative
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top