Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who sells C6 LS2 Fuel Rail Covers that have been custom painted with an airbrush? Can you paint the plastic ones that come on the car? I prefer flames on a black background.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Here you go. These started as GM DSOM covers which were used as a base. Filler was added to make the cover into a "smoothie" and then a coat of special mixed Daytona Sunset Orange without any matallic content was sprayed on as an undercoat. Then the Flames and lettering were applied.

:cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump - still looking for custom airbrush artist that will pain Fuel Rail Covers supplied by me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Autobuffs.net looks like they do airbrushing of Fuel Rail Covers. I requested a quote.:D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here you go. These started as GM DSOM covers which were used as a base. Filler was added to make the cover into a "smoothie" and then a coat of special mixed Daytona Sunset Orange without any matallic content was sprayed on as an undercoat. Then the Flames and lettering were applied.

:cheers:
looks sweet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What do you think about my new Fuel Rail Covers?

I bought a 3/8" tool to remove my Fuel Line today at NAPA but am not sure how it is used. It looks like it is designed to just grip the line without collapsing it. Has anyone removed the fuel line to install the covers? Looks like the sure way not to scratch the paint is to unplug one end of the fuel line?? Looks like a clip pops off then you grip and pull??

Autobuffs was entirely too expensive. They wanted $675.00 for the same covers!:rolling:

I'm still waiting on my shipment. I bought these off of ebay and just what I wanted!!!!:devil:

·
Registered
321 Posts
What do you think about my new Fuel Rail Covers?

I bought a 3/8" tool to remove my Fuel Line today at NAPA but am not sure how it is used. It looks like it is designed to just grip the line without collapsing it. Has anyone removed the fuel line to install the covers? Looks like the sure way not to scratch the paint is to unplug one end of the fuel line?? Looks like a clip pops off then you grip and pull??

Autobuffs was entirely too expensive. They wanted $675.00 for the same covers!:rolling:

I'm still waiting on my shipment. I bought these off of ebay and just what I wanted!!!!:devil:

looks good....you got those off ebay?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks good....you got those off ebay?
Yes. I bought these off at ebay at less than 50% of what Autobuffs wanted for the exact same thing. I expect I got a dynamite deal at $328.00 including shipping. Do a search under ebay for "Corvette Fuel Rail Covers". There's a guy that typically has a new set up every couple of weeks.

If you want to PM me, I will try to dig up his Ebay screen name.

I'll make some pictures once I have them installed. This will be a good addition to my performance upgrades that I will have done mid August.:D

·
Registered
269 Posts
For anyone looking for custom paint, I would recommend www.eagleeyepaint.com. He does great work at a reasonable price. Check out the web site for some examples of his work.

If you live in New England you can do the whole car but I am sure you can do small parts through the mail. He has even made a replacement panel for the hood blanket for a guy I know. Here is the hood he did for me;

Here is an example of the hood blanket panel. This is on a C5 Corvette in the area that he did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts