Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good way to get not too expensive Horse power out of ur car is to have it 'breathe'. there are about 2 after market air intakes i see online for my 95 vette. how come there arent many? is it becuz its pointless to pay $300 for something that doesnt do any horse power increase? i wuld appreciate ALLLL the opinions from all u guys cuz this kid needs to learn more tricks of the trade cuz i just bought my vette at my young age of 17. thank you.:excited:

·
Registered
230 Posts
k&n air filter. they do a good job. and are not that expensive.
if I was you, id spend the 300 bux on some computer chip tuning, maby you have a dyno shop local enough to drive to, id pay them to program the power out of your car with the dyno and their computer.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
A good way to get not too expensive Horse power out of ur car is to have it 'breathe'. there are about 2 after market air intakes i see online for my 95 vette. how come there arent many? is it becuz its pointless to pay $300 for something that doesnt do any horse power increase? i wuld appreciate ALLLL the opinions from all u guys cuz this kid needs to learn more tricks of the trade cuz i just bought my vette at my young age of 17. thank you.:excited:
On your 95 LT1(like mine), the overall design of the factory air intake system is actually pretty good....and "especially" being constructed from a low heat absorbing material VS the aftermarket "metal" tubing junk (metal tubes heat soak, and pass some of it's heat to the passing airflow(FAR from ideal for a cold air intake system)..........With the addition of a good flowing filter (like the K&N) and cutting the top off of your 95 factory air filter lid (tin snips work good, or a dremel) and then adding a set of the "smooth" NON-acordian type intake coupler tubes....At that point you'll have everything(and commonly "more" horse power and better track times) than what the common 300 dollar air intake systems offer.........I would personally just save your cash up for something that will yield a much better return for your investment.....Gears, Cam, Ect.........good luck with your car:thumbsup: ........Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you end up getting one. Make sure to properly maintane them. They'll do more harm than good if they are neglected. A thorough clean and oiling is the right thing to do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
joe b..... thank u for the advice but i dnt really want to rip apart the top half of the motor cuz i dnt know how to so id have to pay someone and thats more money i have.... but ur sayin i should just get a K&N air filter and those Power Couplers that replace the factory throttle body inlet hoses?.....my main plans for the car was to get a new air intake system, the power couplers, new mass air flow sensor and a bigger throttle body....cuz i can do those wit the help of my step dad. just all the little advice is much appreciated to me considering im a kid who just bought a vette. thanks guys :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts