Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about some 6-piston calipers. If it wasn't for my seatbelt, I would have been tossed through the windshield into the next TOWN!!!!!!!!

These things are HUGE! If you can't tell by the pictures the LENGTH of these calipers are 11". I believe the front calipers on the GS are about 6 inches in length.

AL_Zr1 can jump in here and tell us more about these bad boys.

·
Supporting Vendor
152 Posts
How about them brakes Patrick?They are the Wilwood 6 Piston
calipers GNIII's and the rotors are 13" x 1.375".The brakes
are worth every penny.What did you think about the performance
Patrick?
I've gotten into some hairy moments where I tried to stop
and I couldn't, I would letterly stand on the them and the car
would not stop.

:partyon:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
SWEET brakes!! :cheers:

They are huge but they are silly light. I bet the rotors are less than 1/2 what the stocker weighs. You could play frizbee w/ the thing. :laughing:

I took a ride in a Firehawk that has those brakes. He gave it some stops from between 40-50 mph, all I can say is I bet the teeth marks are still on his dash. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously, I felt my organ's crushing from the G-force against the seat belt. I thought my spleen would have been the first to go.
:laughing:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
:laughing: That's a good way to describe it. The only thing that may come close to the same feeling was the Tidal Wave that used to be at Great America when it would slow down as the ride was ending.

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Wow. Talk about stopping on a dime.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,608 Posts
Kod_X said:
Wow. Talk about stopping on a dime.
Not only stopping on a dime, but you'd probably get change back

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
My dad said some thing about a C4 having 2 Piston calipers. Does any one know which year it was. Im thinking it would be a mid year C4 but i dont know. He said he was going to find a pair and put them on our vette. Along with some Braces for a Vert to stiffen the baby up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts