Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys like to do up there? I can only imagine that the scenery is nothing short of stunning. Do you guys have a local street racing scene? How about some pics of you're Vettes with that stunning background?

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, Bassist did a search and told me that we have two members in Alaska so you guys need to step up and give us some answers or Bassist is going to drive up there and annoy the hell out of you :laughing:

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
spiderpat said:
OK, Bassist did a search and told me that we have two members in Alaska so you guys need to step up and give us some answers or Bassist is going to drive up there and annoy the hell out of you :laughing:

:devil:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The fiber optics connecting Alaska must have froze over.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am living up in Alaska right now but I dont have my vette up here. I was suprized how many corvettes I seen when I got up here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey guys. I'm here in Alaska! There are actually quite a few vettes up here, but after October they are pretty much all hybernating in their respective garages! :laughing: Anchorage has a pretty good vette club that stays pretty active in the summer. And yes it is beautiful here!:cheers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
BASSIST said:
Welcome to Digital Corvettes ArticShark :cheers:

Let's see some pics from up there :thumbsup:
I'll see if I can dig some out. Give me a couple of days to find some, or take some more. Of course now, all your gonna get is winter scenes.:(

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,479 Posts
Here are some to tide you over. You know it is a small world when there are 11 houses on your street and 2 of them have people that are from Alaska

·
Registered
56 Posts
The last two pics are on the Seward highway that runs along the Turnagain arm. Going South from Anchorage. There is some stupendously beautiful scenery on that route. You can actually see Daul sheep on the roadway!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Arcticshark said:
The last two pics are on the Seward highway that runs along the Turnagain arm. Going South from Anchorage. There is some stupendously beautiful scenery on that route. You can actually see Daul sheep on the roadway!:thumbsup:
Whats a Daul sheep?

·
Registered
56 Posts
DDNZ06 said:
Whats a Daul sheep?
Ok, so spelling isn't my strong suit. "Dall sheep" (Man, you guys are picky!:laughing: )

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was born and raised in Anchorage, in Turnagain (Earthquake Park). Graduated from West High, I spend almost all my time in Arizona now (since the early '90's), I can't bring myself to have the vette up there when I can drive it year round here in AZ. I try and stay away from the snow as much as possible but as luck would have it I was there this last February. Here's a couple pic's...

This is my parents place at Big Lake

Here's a nice clear day

This is a Moose across the street from the house in town

I have more if anyone wants to see...

Mitchell.:cheers:

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Welcome to DC Mitchell, Glad to have you here :cheers:

I'd like to see more of your pics. Looks so peacefull up there :thumbsup:

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to The DC family. I too like the year round driving I get in AZ :partyon:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
All of the pics are great!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I know how everyone loves pictures so here's a few more...

This is the pond down the hill from the high school,

Here's one of a lady pulling her kids around (those kids were little).

I'll post two of this truck so you can see it from both angles.

The last two are what I do for recreation in the winter here in AZ/ SO. CAL (The dunes)

Mitchell...:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,479 Posts
Hi Mitchell, welcome to DC. I'm from Ft Richardson many.many years ago

1 - 20 of 34 Posts