Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Here's some pics I took in April '86 and a Sept '87 Caribou hunt.

A flightseeing tour of Denali.

Matanuska River

Independence Mine

Little Su River

The hunt.

Flying from King Salmon to the base camp.

The landing strip at the base camp, a cinder flat left after a Volcano eruption. Lot's of big bear tracks!

The cook tent. Note the cans at each corner, there was fishing line strung between them to act as an early warning system for Brown Bears.

The spike camp, we spent 3 days there in a cold rain, everything got soaked.

McKinley Park

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey guys,

I enjoyed the pictures. I used to live in Alaska several years ago. Graduated from Seward High School, and worked in Anchorage a while before I went to college. I bought my '69 there in Anchorage. I put a bunch of miles on the Corvette running back and forth between Anchorage and Seward during the summers. Loved the twisty roads. I ended up moving to Indiana after college (got a job at GM), and driving on the flatland highways there was a big yawn compared to the Seward Highway. I eventually met and married a gal who works for Mickey, so I took early retirement and moved to Orlando. I've been back to Seward several times for reunions, and every time I wish I had the '69 back up there to drive on the highway.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i've camped out in rockies, utah, wyoming, been to grand canyon, these pic's make me want to go back that much sooner. it's so peaceful in the mt's. it's a spiritual feeling experiencing nature that way. everyone should experience it just once in their lifetime especially with their kids.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A few shots from another corner of Alaska.... I'm in Juneau, southeast Alaska or the panhandle as some call it...

I didn't have to work too hard for this one. It was shot from my deck on a cold March morning.

This was shot about 10 miles from my home along Mendenhall River:

This was shot alongside the Mendenhall Glacier... the dark spot down the way is a black bear that was foraging. I don't worry to much about "blackie's" unless there's a cub around. Brown bears, you do NOT want to see this close:

Here's another December Mendenhall River shot:

I mentioned Mendenhall Glacier.... here's a look at part of it:

And here's a closer shot of the face where a piece of ice the size of a two story house has calved (broken off) the face.

And yes, we do have some Vettes around here (including my own). Will try and get some pics of those up here later.

kdlp

·
Registered
255 Posts
Those Are Some Amazing Photos And Of The Vet Too. Don't Ever Take Where You Live For Granted It Truly Is A Magical Place And To Think God Put It There For All Of Us To See And Appreciate. Thanks For The Pic's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wasilla has no shortage of bars! Don't know which ones are the best but I can ask my friends that live out in the valley for some recommendations. I've love to run out and have a few. :cheers:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wtf

I live in Anchorage, count me in for a get together, always looking for a reason to drive my vette. Here is what I woke up to this morning...April 5, 2008 :surprised

21 - 34 of 34 Posts