Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20030720-100147-7083r.htm

GLASGOW, Scotland, July 20 (UPI) -- A dozen alcoholics ranging in age from 18 to 60 are going to sue drink makers for not warning them about the dangers of alcohol.

The suit will be filed in Edinburgh next month, marking the first case of its kind in Britain, The Sunday Times reported.

In the suit, the plaintiffs will argue addiction to alcohol has ruined their lives and the alcohol industry failed to warn them of the risks involved in drinking, the newspaper said.

Attorneys representing the group said they will employ tactics used by attorneys representing cancer victims in suits against tobacco companies in the United States.

"Alcohol is now promoted in the same way that cigarettes were in the 1950s," attorney Jim Price said. "Manufacturers want us to believe that drinking alcohol is sexy and trendy."

Alcohol labels have carried health warnings in the United States for about 10 years.

B

·
0 Posts
That's it...Im flyin over there and beating the **** out of those whiney, smelly, rotten teethed bastards!!

I hope they all have liver failure and die! :spanked:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm waiting for a logical judge to
1-tell the plaintiffs to "get the f*** out of my courtroom"
2- hold the lawyers in contempt for trying to impose such nonsense.

It's gone too far. Now there's abunch of gun shot victoms sueing gunmakers. C'mon now!!!!! Goofy assholes.

If you're slicing tomatoes and nip your finger, are you gonna sue the knife manufacturer and the store you bought it from?

Why don't we declare a national suing day? And if that doesn't work maybe we should call a moratorium on law schools for 20 years until people wake up. Let's put these guys to honest work for a change.

·
resident conservative
1,039 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
That's it...Im flyin over there and beating the **** out of those whiney, smelly, rotten teethed bastards!!

I hope they all have liver failure and die! :spanked:
[/QUOTE

I'll drink to that!!!] :cheers:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
biltogo said:

It's gone too far. Now there's abunch of gun shot victoms sueing gunmakers. C'mon now!!!!! Goofy assholes.

hey rudy good news on that case....last time i heard the judge had thrown it out of court saying you can't sue the company for making a product that is legal.....now i know someone is going to bring up tabacco so i'm going to cover that too...they sued because they added products to the tabacco to get people addicted....and then covered it up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts