Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Tuesday’s Dallas County Commissioner’s Court meeting erupted into an argument between Commissioner John Wiley Price and a citizen, ending with Price repeatedly telling several citizens to “go to hell.”

The exchange started during the public speaking portion of the meeting, which happens after the commissioners have gone through their weekly agenda.

Six citizens addressed the court. All of them talked about the recent controversial departure of county Elections Administrator Bruce Sherbet. Sherbet, who was the Elections Administrator for 24 years, said he felt Price and Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins forced him out.

The last public speaker at Tuesday’s meeting, Jeff Turner, began by stating that he would refer to “a certain member of the court” — Price — as “the Chief Mulllah of Dallas County.”

Court rules state that public speakers may not address individual commissioners by name.

As Turner spoke, he continued to call Price “Chief Mulllah.” Price interrupted Turner several times, yelling at him, “don’t call me Chief Mulllah” and “call me by my name.”

The New Oxford American Dictionary defines “mullah” as “a Muslim learned in Islamic theology and sacred law.”

Turner continued speaking, ignoring Price’s ongoing interruptions.

At that point, Jenkins adjourned the meeting.

As Price stood to leave, he looked at Turner and the five other citizens who addressed the court. Price said to them, “All of you are white. Go to hell!”

Price repeated “go to hell” three more times. An unknown member of the audience said, “You should be ashamed!”

“I’m not ashamed!” Price answered. “I’m not ashamed! Go to hell!”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/john-wiley-price-dallas-county-commissioners-go-to-hell/

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I saw this on the news last night. I have watched John Wiley Price for 40 years as he became the chief spokesman for the African-American community in Dallas. The thing I couldn't figure out is this. Has anyone every heard the term mullah (the speaker pronounced it moo-lah) used as a derogatory term for blacks? I haven't, and I think the fact that the news people had to explain that it was taken that way says no one thinks of the term that way. I would have considered the term to mean "head honcho" or something referring to leadership. But in the end, John Wiley Price gets to appear to stand up to white citizens for the benefit of his constituents.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's just another democratic racist.. the Dallas version of JEsse Jackson or Al Sharpton..

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Moo-la, as in money ? Chief of money ?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
No mullah.
But what the guy said was moo-lah. I heard him say it on the news last night. After that, Price flew off the handle as if the guy had called him the N word. The guy was not throwing an epithet. He was saying that Price is the head guy and responsible for the forced resignation of the elected official that they were there to complain about. Price turned a non-racial statement into a racial blow-up for no reason.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Commissioner Price Issues Non-Apology Statement over Mullah Rage
by Tom McGregor Tue, Feb 15, 2011, 10:15 PM
When Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price, a Democrat, appeared at the last public hearing of the Commissioners’ Court, he screamed at a Republican election judge, saying, “come on out here, fat boy.” He told all white people in the audience “go to hell.”
Nevertheless, Mr. Price recently issued a public statement, claiming that he has been “patient and accommodating in every regard” and that he was making a “considerate attempt” to discuss County issues. Hence, he sees no reason to apologize for his behavior.
WFAA quotes Price’s statement as saying that, “in the absence of a fair and balanced media outlet in Dallas, I wanted to submit a statement that offers my perspective of an ‘encounter’ that took place at Dallas County today. Unfortunately, my comments were broadcasted without the benefit and the full context which they were made.”
Mr. Price then admits in the statement that he was unaware the word, “mullah” refers to “an educated Muslim trained in religious law and doctrine and usually holding an official post.” He contends instead that “Chief Moolah” is a “slang term … to defame or discredit African-American(s).”
If anyone seems to be a living and breathing example of a rage addict, it's Mr. Price, but what’s even scarier, he always feels justified when succumbing to these rage episodes. One wonders if this man is a classic example of Borderline Personality Disorder.
To read the entire statement posted on WFAA, link here: To learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder, link here:
http://www.dallasblog.com/201102151...s-non-apology-statement-over-mullah-rage.html

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
John Wiley Price is a racist black man, always has been. This is nothing new, they just caught it on camera this time.
And his constituents love him for it. He started in politics when he was practically in his teens. He will be in office until he is too old to leave the house. He came to Ft. Worth about 15 years ago to speak for the Black Chamber of Commerce. He berated the audience for not being more in-your-face to the Ft. Worth community and keeping race issues at the forefront. Fort Worth has comaparatively relaxed race relations and tries to serve everybody equally. That isn't good enough for Price. He just thinks race should be in everyone's face all the time.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And his constituents love him for it. He started in politics when he was practically in his teens. He will be in office until he is too old to leave the house. He came to Ft. Worth about 15 years ago to speak for the Black Chamber of Commerce. He berated the audience for not being more in-your-face to the Ft. Worth community and keeping race issues at the forefront. Fort Worth has comaparatively relaxed race relations and tries to serve everybody equally. That isn't good enough for Price. He just thinks race should be in everyone's face all the time.
Hmm, sounds like another black racist I know...

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Not even a chuckle ? You guys suck. I LMAO when I saw that.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
This is the way it is.

I think it's been clear to everyone for a while now, that when it comes to attacking "white guys", almost anything is acceptable.

Nobody believes they ever have to feel sorry for a "white guy" since they have always "gotten their way for so long."

It's now considered reasonable to look the other way when white guys are attacked, when any other demographic would be in their right to feel shocked and harmed by the same treatment.

Tough **** white guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts