Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has led me to experience a new problem. When I get on the gas comming out of a turn the backend of the car shakes / chatters / at first I thought it was the road... like the pavement had washboard... makes a odd sound then is fine...

I haven't tore into anything yet. I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this... My guess is something is going south quick... I have blown a few rear ends in other rides and it doesn't seem comparable to that...? everything actually seems really smooth (no grinding, noise, etc.) maybe the suspension is about to fall off... :thud:haha.

BTW the engine is kicking ass with new type III injectors, filter system, accel coil, etc. easily 20% more power than when I bought the car a few months ago.

Much Thanks,

:D

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I would check wheels bearing first, then condition of the rear suspension, u joints and if all looks good have alignment done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wheel bearing was shot! the control arm / trailing arm / what ever we wish to call them also needs new bushings. so I ordered some poly replacements! It will be interesting to see what the handling difference will be compared to beat up wore out rubber bushings.

We hit the mountain roads hard :devil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts