Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,
I almost bought a paddle shifting black vert.How does the trans act?Does it feel strong?Can it handle the power?I like to race my vettes.The only issue was the $70,000 price tag.And if you think thats bad,they want $109,000 for the only c6 z06 in there stable.Looks like i'll wait until 07,and get a low mile used 06.Curious about the strenght of the 6 speed autos.
Mahalo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Z51 Vert with A6 and I love the paddle shifters.

For top down cruisin' and driving in traffic, just put it in "D" and let the trans do the work.

When I took it to Willow Springs Raceway last week, used the paddle shifters all day without a problem. Upshifts were quick and crisp. Downshifts were nearly undetectable. All the benefits of a manual trans......without the clutch.

The only glitch I've heard of is you have to hit the upshift button by 5500 when going from 1 to 2 or it will bump the rev limiter.

As far as strength goes, only time will tell, but no problem so far for me in 4k miles.

Gery

·
Registered
67 Posts
A6 Rocks

I have 6,300 miles on mine and it just keeps getting better. The engine is making more power and the trans seems to have gotten quicker, or I am just getting used to it. If you want to race, just put it in Sport mode and leave the paddles alone. The computer can shift it faster and better than you can with the paddles. This will become the trans of choice for the drag racers.

In the twisties it is actually better than an MN6 (which I have in my 99). The paddles let you drop up or down quickly without ever getting hung up missing a gear. It gives you much finer control, you just can't skip a gear coming down. It will not let you shift to a gear that will over rev the engine.

On the highway it lets you set up for a move and concentrate on driving with both hands on the wheel. I give it five stars!

Of course, in Hawaii, you can't do any of those things, can you?

How much to ship a car from the mainland? You can get $5K off MSRP easy over here.

Paul

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats good to hear.Mahalo.I love auto tranny's,this 6 speed sounds slick.I have grown to like the lights on the front.I think it's just a matter of time until i end up driveing a c6 off the showroom.Iv'e gone 145 mph a few times?Cruising on the freeways are ok if it's not rush hour.
What gear is in the rear end on the 6 speed auto's?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patrick said:
Wow. That's big bucks! :surprised
It's ridiculous.I'll probably end up getting a really low mile used 06 in about 6 months.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Mine works well!

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you like autos, you'll LOVE the A6.

If you don't like autos, there isn't an auto tranny that will work for you.

BTW,...I agree with the earlier reference to the twisties; the A6 really shines there.

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts