Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everythings replaced now, just getting engine paint, then the motor and
tranny goes back 2gether, New sidepipes and jcl's then tilt telly has to be repaired, finally the new
bushings and she should be puuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrring. It has been a PITA
of a job, but if all goes well......worth it in the end and done with own hands.!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It has been a PITA
of a job, but if all goes well......worth it in the end and done with own hands.!
:agree:

Everybody can pay for labor.... only a few can or are willing to do their own work... indeed a very rewarding feeling :thumbsup: It can be a little scary over the first few weeks - I did all the work myself and don't drive that car anywhere without cellphone and AAA card. I also try to stay near maijor roads with gas stations so if I have to wait for AAA to tow the car home I can do that there while having a coffee and a donut..... :laughing:

·
Registered
219 Posts

Everybody can pay for labor.... only a few can or are willing to do their own work... indeed a very rewarding feeling :thumbsup: It can be a little scary over the first few weeks - I did all the work myself and don't drive that car anywhere without cellphone and AAA card. I also try to stay near maijor roads with gas stations so if I have to wait for AAA to tow the car home I can do that there while having a coffee and a donut..... :laughing:
LOL, I like that :partyon:

Yep nothing feels better than when you do the job yourself :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
It's a great feeling to step back and say.. I did it!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yep, I got to agree, doing it yourself is a very good feeling. Besides, I am a cheap fuk and don't like to pay for having stuff done that I can do myself

·
Registered
905 Posts
:agree: The only things I paid someone else to do were engine assy., paint and alignment. I only had the long block assembled cause it had been about 25 years since I had done one and felt better with a warranty!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yep, I got to agree, doing it yourself is a very good feeling. Besides, I am a cheap fuk and don't like to pay for having stuff done that I can do myself

While others may have been a bit more eloquent in their post, I gotta say SIXFOOTER sure hit it on the mark for me. :laughing:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts

While others may have been a bit more eloquent in their post, I gotta say SIXFOOTER sure hit it on the mark for me. :laughing:
Yeh me too, but you really don't wanna see my painting...no way...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeh me too, but you really don't wanna see my painting...no way...
I agree whole heartedly!

BTW, I have never painted a car.......and most likely never will!

·
Registered
738 Posts
LOL, I am gonna paint it myself too, and I ain't gonna use no roller!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Painting is easy!! Sanding and buffing all your runs out takes skill!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Use LOTS of guide coat!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts