Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that November 1st I will put my Vette away for the winter. Anyone else have plans on putting thier Vett away any time soon?:huh: I HATE winter!:nuts:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I put mine away when they start pumping out the rock salt.

I don't bring it back out till they stop in the spring and the rain has washed it away.

I tried to drive it last winter but I started to get some rusting. Even my injectors started to rust. :(

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
This Vette stays out all year. Unless the snows higher then the groung clearence. She drives in snow all the time. Doesnt seem to hurt.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Loggins1 ...<br>
This Vette stays out all year. Unless the snows higher then the groung clearence. She drives in snow all the time. Doesnt seem to hurt.<br>
Really? I cant even get traction in the rain?:huh:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
Really? I cant even get traction in the rain?:huh:<br>
Yes my Dad drives her every day. Not like hes speeding around but it gets him where he needs to go. Ocationally he takes the van but thats only when theres a lot of snow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am trying for December 1st again this year. It will be the third straight year that we were snowless going into December. It has been a great summer, and now a great fall. 70 degrees today up here in the great white north.:partyon: i am soaking it all in, because I know what is coming....................:rolleyes:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I don't put mine away.

I drive it in the winter if the sky is blue and there is no snow, salt or salt dust on the roads.

Winter is a beautiful time to take a drive.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I hate summer. Winter brings fun. I would like summer here in Colorado If there was a lake any where. Ive gone threw 2 summers with out swimming. It sucks. Dry heat sucks. Winter brings Snow and Snowboarding. The Winter is nice and stress free. And theres Christmas. I mean who doesnt like Christmas. Im glad Summers winding down.:smokin:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I moved out of the snow 2 years ago.... I'll never put my toys away again

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, that sucks allright. Glad I live in Florida now, get to play with the toys all year long. :)

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
I decided that November 1st I will put my Vette away for the winter. Anyone else have plans on putting thier Vett away any time soon?:huh: I HATE winter!:nuts:<br>
Same here Nov 1st was the date that I would put the vettes into storage and not drive them all winter. This year I'll try keeping them out until Dec 1st.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
I don't put mine away.

I drive it in the winter if the sky is blue and there is no snow, salt or salt dust on the roads.

Winter is a beautiful time to take a drive.:thumbsup:<br>
Im with you. If it's nice and it 's about 75 out. Ill take it out.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
We're going to NC the 2nd week of Nov. Will put them up on blocks when we get back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll be putting mine in its Carbag within the next two weeks.

My driveway is sloped and it faces North. If there's even the slightest film of ice on it, forget about an easy drive up the driveway and into the garage. I tried that the first year we moved in, and ended up in the snowbank on the side of the driveway. I had snow halfway up the pasenger side door. It took me about 2 hours to dig myself out probably with all the neighbors laughing! My one neighbor across the street was outside so he came over and helped me get it out and gave me a needed push to get into the garage. After all that I said no more. She'll sleep til spring!

I wish I could live in FL!!! You guys who do are lucky!!! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts