Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
When I bought my 02 it already had a Alpine receiver installed, I have an ipod adaptor I want to install. Does anyone know if there are special tools to unlock the radio to remove it? I don't want to start taking things apart only to find out I can't get the radio out. I have another car with a Kenwood that I installed and it came with little metal bars to slip on each side of the radio to unlock it and slide it out. I was wondering if Alpine had a simular set up. Any advise? Thanks.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
On all of the Alpines I have owned if you take the faceplate off you'll see two small pins on each side of the radio. You can use a small screwdriver to lift those pins and slide the radio out. I'll get you a picture of what I mean I think I still have one sitting in the garage.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
OK my knowledge is based on single din Alpines but here is a pic. I forgot you need to take the plastic trim ring off to see the pins (see green arrow) and the pins are located on the side (see red circle). The pin clips either up or down it doesn't matter just push it to the center opening and pull lightly on the radio. You can do one side at a time just pull a bit on the radio so it won't click back into place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alpine help

Thanks a lot Raidmagic........Great help, thanks for your time and trouble, really appreciate it.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Cool let me know if you need anymore help. I'm not an expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts