Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing an alternative to the monoleaf or half spring fix for my 79. Or am I just spinning my wheels? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Jay. I was gonna try and do what you told me your 79 had to fit those larger rims and tires but I had to rethink. With just the 195 still in the box, I do not think I would be going in the right direction. So, I settled for some 17's 7 front and 8 in the rear. The guy could not find me another application for the right fitting. Unless I go adapters and I still think it might not push the tire far away enuf from the inside fender wells. Then with the roads so bad around here, it took me three tries to get the air right in the raptor tires. Hard compound. Thought, WHOA! this is gonna beat the front end of my car off. :smack You dumb azzz. Not only that, the size tire is pushing the nose up instead of down makin it hunt. Don't need a huntin dog. Want it to stay planted to the ground. So, I got back and thought, take these off there for now man. Have some fiberglass repairs to do and I do not wanna keep those on there anyway. Until I can decide to redo the motor (bad cam, had a bleed down done on it) So, it is either a crate motor and pull that one and try to do it myself or have someone rebuild it, but I think why bother. Just keep the original motor and run that one. I am being sincerely honest when I say that mine is way far off from being the CORVETTE that yours is. I still have not seen anything like that anyway. Great job on that one. Absolutely Stunning. Less is more and you hit the right button on that one. I saw in the Babes section this morning your Corvette. Those babes are something else. Looked like a nice car show indeed.
Did you ever get to the point to where you asked yourself if it was worth it or you had your mind made up to what you knew it would look like? If I did mine from where she is now, what am I lookin at? Another 10 15 G's. Will that get it done? By then I outta be in it for about 20 ( and not a good number). I know, money pit. Just kinda wanna just put it back together sometimes and sell it and buy one that is almost done but not quite. Something mechanically sound (I can bling it myself, like you did). :rolling: :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts