Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the dark green wire from the alternator harness go to? I didn't have this currently hooked up to the alternator, but can't remember why?

The dark green wire is the one on the far right on the most recent pics posted under 'my pictures'. Not sure when they will be uploaded.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,618 Posts

The dark green wire is the one on the far right on the most recent pics posted under 'my pictures'. Not sure when they will be uploaded.
Could it be the one on the left?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK guys. The green wire on the left was on the charge post. I'm talking about the dark green wire on the right with the square connector still on it. Not sure what it is supposed to go to, but didn't have it hooked up and everything charged fine. Stock alarm/horn maybe?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, what is the iron trio exactly? Forgive my ignorance. The 3rd pic shows the wire im talking about a little better.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ok. I think I have enough issues with 1, so I'll stay away from the 'smart' setups.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
The dark green wire there goes to your temp sender just below the last pix sticking outta the head, into the water jacket.....just above the plugs, and below the exhausts.....between cyl 1&3.....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK thanks man, that's why it is unhooked! I don't have the timp sender in it anymore, but I took it off about 13-14 years ago and forgot.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
OK thanks man, that's why it is unhooked! I don't have the timp sender in it anymore, but I took it off about 13-14 years ago and forgot.

Wassa matter olde tymer, you memory about long as your DICK??:laughing:

and as a friend say......DAMNIT MAN!!!.....

:smack :cheers:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The dark green wire there goes to your temp sender just below the last pix sticking outta the head, into the water jacket.....just above the plugs, and below the exhausts.....between cyl 1&3.....
:agree: That's what it looks like to me also/even/too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts