Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a security system installed. One day later the battery is dead. Recharge it next day battery dead. I can’t find the power wire going to the alarm system. Was going to drive it back but the motor is running really bad.
I have a Fast easy efi 2 system. Usually when I turn the key on I can hear it clicking a few seconds and it stops. Now it want do it all. Motor want start but tries. Driving me crazy. If I give it gas and start it it runs (rough) but want idle then will die. If I rev it up it will for a time but then dies. Got to get it running so I can take it to get alarm fixed or removed first. I know the headlights have a vacuum leak and that’s plugged off.
Pulling my hair out

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I'd go back to the installer of the security system. Sounds like they made some bad wiring decisions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found where they tied into the coil. I think that was for remote start. That will have to come out. Disconnected it. Motor now runs better but I’m afraid the ecm is now compromised. It took a good 10 minutes before the motor would run on it’s on and smoother out. Still running rough. Disconnected all the vacuum lines. Sprayed starting fluid around intake, injectors and such. No change in rpm. So I’m hoping that’s not the issue. Even though it would have explained somethings.
I wish there was a way to seal these headers to the heads. I’ve tried everything. Nothing works. Guess I’ll have to pull them and cut the flanges.
It’s like this car is cursed. I know the headlights want go up anymore. They kept getting worse and worse. Going to replace those with electric.
but first this alarm has got to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts