Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal i dont know if im the only one that feels like this after working on my cars, a few examples , when i changed my opti spark , i was terrified of driving it because i kept on doubting my self , i was thinking did i torque the bolts down right , will the rotor come loose? did i tighten the harmonic balancer enough? and do on, now that i changed my differential fluid i keep on trying to think of what i did wrong , when i know i followed every step in the book , and when i drove it this morning i was thinking to myself , whats that noise!? is that mu differential? why is is shaking? is that my exhaust? or differential? did i put enough fluid ? did i put too much fluid? does any one else have thoughts similar to mine after doing a job? or am i going nuts? :crazy::crazy::smack

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. hahaha

That's why I take my time to triple check during a project. While I'm not worrying, I spend that free time trying to think of other reasons to tear it apart again. :laughing:
hahaha same here , thats why by buddys tell me i should never be alone with my car when i have nothing to do.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
lol most of the repairs I do, I have done so many times it is pure muscle memory. I will finish and be like, oh **** im done haha....then wonder if i missed something since i was basically comatose while doing it lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
i think practice and routine makes easier everything...after changing oil a couple time...do you remember first time you have sex with your first girlfriend?...:laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i think practice and routine makes easier everything...after changing oil a couple time...do you remember first time you have sex with your first girlfriend?...:laughing::laughing:
of course I do, its on video

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I get a similar feeling but its not because I am worried if I did the job right but more... "Oh no... whats going to go wrong next?!?!?!?" :rolling:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
El☠Diablo;1856573 said:
ok heres the deal i dont know if im the only one that feels like this after working on my cars, a few examples , when i changed my opti spark , i was terrified of driving it because i kept on doubting my self , i was thinking did i torque the bolts down right , will the rotor come loose? did i tighten the harmonic balancer enough? and do on, now that i changed my differential fluid i keep on trying to think of what i did wrong , when i know i followed every step in the book , and when i drove it this morning i was thinking to myself , whats that noise!? is that mu differential? why is is shaking? is that my exhaust? or differential? did i put enough fluid ? did i put too much fluid? does any one else have thoughts similar to mine after doing a job? or am i going nuts? :crazy::crazy::smack
The answer.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Don't worry.

I'm sure when you left your house today you....

Left the stove on

Didn't lock the back door

Left the garage door up

Left the water running in the sink

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT HERE! LOL

And yes....I do that all the time because I've had enough bolts and parts fall off while driving down the road to know better! :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts