Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
So here's the back story. I've got a handle on a pretty cheap low mileage 2016 C7 Corvette but it's a 1LT. It's an A8 which is what I was wanting but... it's a 1LT. No HUD, no mag-ride, not much of options from what I can tell by the VIN.
I plan on putting a blower on the car almost immediately and will probably end up redoing the suspension at some point anyway (not sure if the z06 setup is a swappable option or just doing coilovers like I've done on my other cars). I HATE that there is no HUD on the car because I had that on a 2000ish Grand Prix GTP and loved it and the new HUD looks great but I'm getting this car for below 40k.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,388 Posts
No matter what the price, if it isn't what you want the price is too high. Keep looking for one with the options you want. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Big plans for a DD - Torch is right, get as much as you want up front and first. Some big mods can cause constant & big troubles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
take the good advice

In my model, a C5, it is easy to add a heads up display, if opening up the dash and four hundred bucks is easy. but I doubt the job has stayed simple, it's not that kind of car, at least not the way GM builds them. hopefully, I am wrong.

However, obviously, hud is not the issue. You just need to develop you buying criteria a little more. Nobody wants to over pay, so often price concerns cloud the original objective.

But, the buying goal is not to get the best bargain, but to buy the car you want. For a fair price would be nice, but the primary goal is the car. It's usually not critical , so people don't develop a list of buying goals, and then match it against the merch to see how many buying triggers match your needs or desires.

My buying criteria was very simple on my last used car. Purchase price, convertible, condition, and fits my body were my buying triggers. Body condition was a primary concern, where a few mechanical issues would not e a deal breaker. few people sell a perfect car, and I wasn't trying to find cars at those price points anyway.

I went GM because I didn't want to run german parts, and online repair help was strong. Probably would have gotten a jeep if I had remembered about them at the time. They also matched my buying criteria , and I go camping. I enjoy driving the vette around town, but it is just an appliance to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts