Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that wants to see AWD in the C6?

I raced an AWD 911, that car took off like a bat out of hell with no wheel spin, just gone... until he got caught in traffic, then it was a pretty even race when he broke out of the pack.

More ponies and AWD would make the C6 a definate World class sports car. Hopefully Chevy gets some R&D cash from Caddy.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
BubbleHead said:
that wants to see AWD in the C6?

I raced an AWD 911, that car took off like a bat out of hell with no wheel spin, just gone... until he got caught in traffic, then it was a pretty even race when he broke out of the pack.

More ponies and AWD would make the C6 a definate World class sports car. Hopefully Chevy gets some R&D cash from Caddy.
That'd be cool... but there is something sweet about a rear wheel drive car having the back end sweep out.....

AWD would be a whole different experience....

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but when the Porsche leaves from a dead stop with almost 100% traction, I'd prefer the AWD. Ever watch a typhoon/syclone launch off the line?

I have a video of a 12 second Grand Cherokee, with AWD, launching. It's awesome.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
BubbleHead said:
True, but when the Porsche leaves from a dead stop with almost 100% traction, I'd prefer the AWD. Ever watch a typhoon/syclone launch off the line?
I have, it's like "squat and go" .... simply amazing.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I do like the rear wheel drive the vette has now. AWD is just another thing to break. It would be cool if someone built a AWD vette just to see what times they could get. Anone know of any?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
ragvette said:
I do like the rear wheel drive the vette has now. AWD is just another thing to break. It would be cool if someone built a AWD vette just to see what times they could get. Anone know of any?
Never seen such a thing.... you'd be better off putting a stock LS6 in a Typhoon and hit the racetrack!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts