Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their is a little amber light i saw on today, reflecting off my shifter. I stuck my hand up (it was dark out) and the light was coming from the side of the bracket where the passenger sun visor clicks in.

Anyone know what it is?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think it's just a courtesy light, I dont think you can turn it off

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
:agree:

our c5 has one in the rear veiw that lights up the shifter at night

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's an "ambient light" that is designed to light up the area around the shifter at night. I believe it's referenced in the owners manual. You can't turn it off but you can change out the LED to a different color if you don't like amber. I know people who have changed it to blue.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
It's an "ambient light" that is designed to light up the area around the shifter at night. I believe it's referenced in the owners manual. You can't turn it off but you can change out the LED to a different color if you don't like amber. I know people who have changed it to blue.
i dont think it would make that much of a differance even though its a good idea but i dont drive the car around at night maby it would be noticable with a different color

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty smart, so you can see where you shifter is going. Nice. :crazy:

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i've never noticed this light. how do you turn if on or off?
you cant turn it off its always on i think but at night if you look on the right side on the bottom of your rearveiw

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Funny you should ask...I never knew that light was there either until a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I always wonder what it is for...now I know:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it has to do with the interior lighting sensors. I had mine on for 20 minutes for some odd reason and I also couldnt turn off the interior lights. The valet mustve screwed around with something

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it has to do with the interior lighting sensors. I had mine on for 20 minutes for some odd reason and I also couldnt turn off the interior lights. The valet mustve screwed around with something
I thought you could turn this off by pressing the switch by your left knee?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I thought you could turn this off by pressing the switch by your left knee?
Hey Ammo... you AF?

Noticed your IYAAYAS and it brought back memories of when I played with those crazies at Al Udeid in the sandbox as they loaded up 15E's and some Bones to wreak havoc in OIF/OEF. Probably the most professional but fun loving Airmen I've ever had the pleasure of meeting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes Sir

Hey Ammo... you AF?

Noticed your IYAAYAS and it brought back memories of when I played with those crazies at Al Udeid in the sandbox as they loaded up 15E's and some Bones to wreak havoc in OIF/OEF. Probably the most professional but fun loving Airmen I've ever had the pleasure of meeting
27 yrs, 10 mos, 8 days, all AMMO, retired CMSgt. Love your pict with the A-10, spent several years with them. Work Hard Play Hard was just one of our motto's but I'm sure you've heard many more, much more eloquent!

If you're still active, take care of the troops and God bless ya.

Mike

·
Registered
939 Posts
Chief-

You guys are Gods to us! I'm a new butterbar (yeah, I know...) but I've done everything I can in my training to garner an understanding and appreciation of the Enlisted Corps, in my opinion, the Enlisted troops are the backbone of the military, job of the officers is just to pave the way with paperwork so they can win the wars.

I'm on my way to being a pilot, heading down to Pensacola (Whiting Field) for UPT pretty soon here.

God Bless and Happy Vetting,

Mike (too:thumbsup: )

·
Registered
6 Posts
La

LT,
Enjoy Lower Alabama. I spent 5 years at Eglin back in the early 70's and enjoyed every bit of it. What MDS are you getting or is it too early to know? I was the trng supt for Ammo at Lowry before they closed from 89-92, and owned a townhome out in Saudi Aurora on Chambers and Quincy. We liked Denver alot. Good luck with your career be it 6 or 40!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Little amber Light.

So after reading this thread i went out to may car to see what friggin light everyone was talking about and sure enough there it was. Anyway how do you change it? Anyone know the bulb number or size, would look good in blue i think.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So after reading this thread i went out to may car to see what friggin light everyone was talking about and sure enough there it was. Anyway how do you change it? Anyone know the bulb number or size, would look good in blue i think.
It's an LED, perhaps with a built-in bias resistor; be careful to check for this before trying to just swap in a regular LED.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts