Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They finally got a real metal fabricator working for them, which threw me for a loop. It's about time. :partyon:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'm watching it right now. About fell out of my chair when he was doing actual metal work. Paulie hasn't been in the show once I wonder if he's mad.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet he is. The new guy built a bad ass fender for the Santa bike, which if Paul Jr was doing it, he would have to sent it out to be done. I wonder if he feels like he's losing some of his Thunder.

It should get real interesting with 2 new fabricators in the shop/on the show. Wonder what happens to his attitude.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed that too. It was kind of weird until he went to the other shop to chew Jr. out about the comments he made about the Santa bike.

I wonder if the Discovery Channel instigates anything between the 2. :surprised

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
No doubt. Over the Thanksgiving holiday they replayed all the epsiodes and in the beginning those two didn't go at it nearly as much.

What so you think of the new show American Hot Rod they are coming out with?

·
Registered
9 Posts
BubbleHead said:
I wonder if the Discovery Channel instigates anything between the 2. :surprised
Most likely. They want to push their "chemistry". I enjoy American Chopper and I anxiously await the new series "American Hotrod". They kind of gave us a taste of it a while back when they filmed the blue and yellow street rod being built by Boyd Coddington. Although I enjoy (to a point) the banter that is exchanged between Paul Sr. and Paulie, what I enjoy most is watching metal being turned into fine pieces of art. The process of fabrication to me is what is most appealing. The arguing seems to be more an more staged. It is still one of my favorite shows.

Monster Garage/Monster House........well, mostly I ask myself "why??" when I watch it. I would enjoy more watching Jesse back at his shop cranking out some custom bikes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Orange county Choppers seem to farm out most of the work. They don't build the frames, tanks or fenders or paint them like some of the other shops do. The discovery channel should have chosen a shop that did most of the work in house. Some of the best parts of the show are when they leave OCC and go to the fabricators and paint shops and show us how it really is done.
American Chopper is still entertaining but I think alot of the conflicts and dialog are scripted for dramatic effect..

I can't wait for American Hot Rod.......

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm looking forward to American Hotrod but, Boyd Coddington seems like an ass. At least Paul Sr. has some personality to him, which Boyd seems to lack.

But, I'll be watching that for sure! Love Hot Rods and I'm sure all of us will pick up cool little ideas from the show that we could do ourselves to our Vettes.

I'm also waiting on that new show "Rides". I can't remember if it's going to be on Spike TV or the Discovery Channel. Looks like it will feature some serious street machines.

I'm glad us gear heads have a bunch of shows to choose from now. :thumbsup:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
BubbleHead said:
I'm looking forward to American Hotrod but, Boyd Coddington seems like an ass. At least Paul Sr. has some personality to him, which Boyd seems to lack.
I saw the Hotrod show earlier this year and thought it SUCKED!! :(

I'm glad us gear heads have a bunch of shows to choose from now. :thumbsup:
:agree: I'd rather watch American Hotrod than "Who want's to marry a DORK!" or any of the other dumbass reality shows. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
War Machine said:
I'd rather watch American Hotrod than "Who want's to marry a DORK!"
Amen to that!!

Who would have thought that the Discovery Channel would have such cool car/bike shows to watch?

SR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts