Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone been to the petit lemans at road atlanta in georgia? would be interested in any tips as to hotels, seats, getting around, etc. would like to watch the corvettes kick ass. its a ten hour race and i'm not sure if i could last the entire event (ten hours is a lot of beer drinking).

thanks,

neil

·
Registered
132 Posts
Road Atlanta

If you guys are serious about coming, let me know. I live about 15 miles from Road A. It is an awesome event and there is always a great vette corral set up!
The Petit LeMans is an event tht we all look forward to and it is getting better every year!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I just got my tickets in the mail, but neglected to order the Corvette Corral sticker. I've called them TWICE and was told just to get a sticker at the window. Also, I just read in the mailer that an infield parking ticket is $40. Do I have to purchase that in addition to the tickets? :huh:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
This will be my first time at Road Atlanta. Have followed the C6R team at Mid-Ohio, and Elkhart Lake when we lived in MI. Can't tell ya'll how excited I am.

Plan to hit the road in about 11 hours.

Bought the Deluxe ticket package for 4 days, and Corvette Corral parking pass. If you see a Ron Fellows Z06 with "Zippy" TN rear plate, stop by and introduce yourself. :buhbye:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Zippy,

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I'll be at the corral with a blue Z06 and a Georgia 'PHARMZ' plate. I'll look for you and the RFZ! This will be the first race of any kind that I've attended. It should be great! :thumbsup:

Joe

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Where's the Vette Corral parking gonna be held at? I didn't see any special tickets for sale on the site. I'd like to make it after work on Saturday. I only live about 30 minutes outside of Road Atlanta, it's always fun down there.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
You guys are killing me. I went the last three years but due to work conflict this year couldn't make it. Enjoy it guys, it's an amazing experience. Get the infield parking pass, well worth it.

Daniel

·
Registered
505 Posts
Where's the Vette Corral parking gonna be held at? I didn't see any special tickets for sale on the site. I'd like to make it after work on Saturday. I only live about 30 minutes outside of Road Atlanta, it's always fun down there.
It's held in a special area in the infield, pretty near the paddock area. You pretty much have to CALL the ticket office. There is nothing on-line about it. It may be too late to call in advance for a parking pass, but I would try anyway. I know at this late date they only sell tickets at the gate. Ask for the Corvette Corral infield parking pass when you call.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Cool, just making sure it was the same place where the usual car corrals are held. No worries here, I know the guy that's head of security at Road Atlanta, easy in, no costs. :D

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Had a fantastic time at PLM!

Proud to say, Max Papis chose my Ron Fellows Z06 as his "Celebrity Choice."
Met his wife, and son, Marco. Did you know, his wife's father is Emerson Fittipaldi?

Max autographed the award, and my RF hat. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts