Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-03-17-rw_nukepoll14_ST_N.htm?csp=24

We are truely a nation of dumb ****s.:rolleyes:

We rush out and buy guns to save ourselves from the zombie welfare blacks and mexicans...

We rush out and buy Iodide for radiation that never reaches Hawaii, let alone the west coast...

We buy into any woman that winks at us and sells us fear n smear

We vote our own middle class into extinction

We vote to give our tax money to wealthy banks and energy companies

:thud:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
We are truely a nation of dumb ****s.:rolleyes:
"State", don't include all of us with you.

We rush out and buy guns to save ourselves from the zombie welfare blacks and mexicans...
Again, don't include all of us with you left winger nutjobs.

We rush out and buy Iodide for radiation that never reaches Hawaii, let alone the west coast...
I got $20 that says elevated levels from the Japan plant will even be detected in Washington State.

We buy into any woman that winks at us and sells us fear n smear
Again, your the one with the womanphobia, it don't involve us.

We vote our own middle class into extinction
The middle decides elections...

We vote to give our tax money to wealthy banks and energy companies :thud:
Banks, yes. Energy subsidies are miniscule.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Considering there has been almost a complete moratorium on new nuclear plants since the mid-80's, this is news?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Considering there has been almost a complete moratorium on new nuclear plants since the mid-80's, this is news?
It is to dune, he's been hiding in his compound where the black, Mexican, women, zombie, Republican, bankers can't get him:smack

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
It is to dune, he's been hiding in his compound, sitting on his FUTON, where the black, Mexican, women, zombie, Republican, bankers can't get him:smack
:rolling:

Fixed it for you. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Americans oppose building more nuclear plants by 47%-44%, the poll finds
Of course they do. All this nonsense about the Japanese power plants and how they affect our nuclear policy is nothing more than a tactic by the media to increase their viewers ratings. I have not heard one mention about the fact that the reactors proper withstood a force of more than 100 times their design limits. Again, they were not damaged. They shut down as intended, the generators that supply cooling water started as intended and the short term battery backup came on line as intended. The big assed wave was the problem.

Why wouldn't someone on ANY news station mention that all we have to do is make sure that the backup electrical should stay dry. If the Japanese had thought about this the whole nuclear issue would have been a non-issue. If we can build a hardened concrete bunker to stop a bomb surely we can build a waterproof generator shed to withstand a wave. That would have fixed the whole problem. Someone forgot that you have got to keep electronics dry.

Think about it, they withstood 100 times more force than they were intended to withstand. That's a real good safety margin where I come from.

All this silly initial reporting about radiation levels being about 100 times normal and they made it sound like nuclear Armageddon. Normal is near zero in these installations and 100 times zero is still zero. The media is frantically searching for someone that thinks we'll be inundated by more radiation than was at Hiroshima the day after the big one. . It makes good news. Our nuclear program doesn't need another 30 year setback when the answer is so obvious. Keep the "juice" dry. Hell, our oil drilling was set back because of one spill and it's still being affected.

As the title states American people are about equally split on the issue of more nuclear energy. If they were being given a positive spin I think the poll results would have been a little different. The American people are woefully uninformed. After the Gulf oil spill they didn't want drilling, so less oil. After this they don't want nuclear. Wind farms don't work because the spinning blades lop the heads off poor defenseless birds. You don't have to look real far or real hard to realize that the American want more energy just not from any source that is now technologically available. That tells me they don't know what they want.

Of course as always that's just IMHO.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
What does that have to do with public sentiment?:huh:
I wonder about this poll. I have seen several informal polls online over the last few days and most show 80-90 still believe we should continue to develop nuclear. However, I'm sure a catastrophic result in Japan will lower those numbers.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
As the title states American people are about equally split on the issue of more nuclear energy. If they were being given a positive spin I think the poll results would have been a little different. The American people are woefully uninformed. After the Gulf oil spill they didn't want drilling, so less oil. After this they don't want nuclear. Wind farms don't work because the spinning blades lop the heads off poor defenseless birds. You don't have to look real far or real hard to realize that the American want more energy just not from any source that is now technologically available.

Of course as always that's just IMHO.
I could not have put it better, myself. Bravo!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts