Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at running 0 gauge wire to the hatch from the battery, where do you guys typically go throught the firewall?

Also I'll need a 0 gauge ground wire, are you guys typicall drilling a hole through the body at the rear and grounding to the frame, or running a ground wire all the way back to the battery?

Atomic-Vette
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Atomic-Vette
Visit Atomic-Vette's homepage!
Find More Posts by Atomic-Vette
Add Atomic-Vette to Your Buddy List

·
Registered
618 Posts
There's a large gromet behind the battery. (you'll have to remove the battery to reach it) It's possible to run up to 0awg wire through it but the procedure to get it done is fun:

1) Remove the electrical tape around the gromet
2) Run a smaller gauge wire (preferably 12ga or better) through the gromet and attach the 0 awg to the end using electrical tape. make sure to wrap from the 0 awg end towards 12gauge end to prevent the tape from getting caught up.
3) pull the wire through and the 0 awg should follow through without too much of a problem.

This is the procedure I did with my KOL4 wire and I had room for 5 additional "goodie" wires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. I found a link to someone who ran 4 gauge though the firewall, he just drilled a new hole beside the existing one and used a new gromet to seal it up. I think I'm going to go that route instead of messing with the factory harness.

·
996 Posts
There's a large gromet behind the battery. (you'll have to remove the battery to reach it) It's possible to run up to 0awg wire through it but the procedure to get it done is fun:

1) Remove the electrical tape around the gromet
2) Run a smaller gauge wire (preferably 12ga or better) through the gromet and attach the 0 awg to the end using electrical tape. make sure to wrap from the 0 awg end towards 12gauge end to prevent the tape from getting caught up.
3) pull the wire through and the 0 awg should follow through without too much of a problem.

This is the procedure I did with my KOL4 wire and I had room for 5 additional "goodie" wires.
:agree: That is exactly what I did to run my 4 gauge though the firewall.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I simply ran two 4 gauge wires through the grommet behind the battery. One power and one ground…yes, I ran ground to the battery as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks radioflyer i also used the gromet behind the batt. just one thing is to make sure u push the first wire into the gromet and tape it inside the car then pull the amp wire out to the battery area

1 - 7 of 7 Posts