Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: Re: An example why I call this forum home

That's nutz!

What the heck is the point of the forum if Corvette owners can't share their experiences?

:spanked:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: Re: Re: An example why I call this forum home

Speed Racer said:
That's nutz!

What the heck is the point of the forum if Corvette owners can't share their experiences?

:spanked:
i agree :thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Why not just charge a membership over at the other forum? This is getting a little to serious.

What happens if you mention a name of a person they dislike?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Chalky said:
Why not just charge a membership over at the other forum? This is getting a little to serious.

You probably start sleeping with the fishes. :laughing:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree totally. Somehow, that place got out of control.

However, I am glad I found it and spent the time that I did there. I gave me an opportunity to “meet” other corvette enthusiasts.

I also like how some of the people from over there took the time and effort to start their own forums. I try to do what I can to support the “small” forums.

I think that you guys are doing a great job here and am proud to be a member.

:cheers:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Chalky said:

It's bandwidth charges...they consume probably huge piles of bandwidth and have to pay for it somehow...plus, does anyone know if this is Troy's only income?

We've posted links in other sections that didn't get closed...depends on the mod over there too!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I understand the costs but this happens a lot over their. I don't see this same type of response on other boards. It comes off as censorship.

I am aware of the fued but deleting links to other sites, I don't understand it.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
MinnesotaWhite said:
It's bandwidth charges...they consume probably huge piles of bandwidth and have to pay for it somehow...plus, does anyone know if this is Troy's only income?

We've posted links in other sections that didn't get closed...depends on the mod over there too!
I met Troy at cruise inn 3 and he did say it was his full time job so, I would feel safe saying it's his only income (not to mention the newest forums he has started).

·
Registered
285 Posts
FWIW, I did check with the moderators over at another forum. It seems like some of the other forum URL's are blocked because of a spamming issue. One , in particular was one that I referenced.

Looks like I owe someone an apology!!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chalky said:
FWIW, I did check with the moderators over at another forum. It seems like some of the other forum URL's are blocked because of a spamming issue. One , in particular was one that I referenced.

Looks like I owe someone an apology!!
I keep hearing stories but never the complete story what happened and why they are so tight on editing and locking users threads.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Everything is great until the almighty dollar gets in the way.

I think forums should be similar to BS'ing about Corvettes with your buddies in the garage. You should be able to share anything you wish about your Corvette experience.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts