Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIGHT!
Had an oil leak out of the breather on the Drivers side valve cover for quite some time now. One of those cheapy chrome jobs. So, instead of running around and trying to find one with a fitting on it I decided to make my own. Found an old breather tube I had from God knows what, popped a hole in the side of the breather and connected it to the air cleaner.
Lo and behold no more leak.

Don't really care for those cheap steel covers but right now it's all I've got. Will have to live with them for now until I find a pair I really like for a good price.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have a pair of the edelbrock Elite covers with wire looms and two different stand off fasteners.
$75 sound ok? I'll even pay for shipping. I'm tired of looking at them. Art. Cell # is 940/393-6674 if you have any questions.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My son made these vinyl embellishments for the plain chrome covers we had on the original 72 engine. Not sure if he can make more at the shop he works at now but I could ask.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
My son made these vinyl embellishments for the plain chrome covers we had on the original 72 engine. Not sure if he can make more at the shop he works at now but I could ask.

Rick B.

They look very smart :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts

Rick B.

Didn't know vinyl could withstand that much heat, is it a special kind?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Didn't know vinyl could withstand that much heat, is it a special kind?
It's the kind of vinyl that's used for truck lettering, etc. so I imagine it's fairly durable. We didn't put a whole lot of miles on the engine before we decided to tear the car apart but I didn't see any signs of deterioration or peeling at all.

Rick B.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
It's pretty hardy stuff. I've used it successfully for powder coat masking :surprised

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's the kind of vinyl that's used for truck lettering, etc. so I imagine it's fairly durable. We didn't put a whole lot of miles on the engine before we decided to tear the car apart but I didn't see any signs of deterioration or peeling at all.

Rick B.
Talked to my son tonight. Turns out I was completely wrong about what he did to the valve covers. He made a mask and used hi-temp engine paint on the covers, not vinyl. This was almost 4 years ago so forgive my aging brain cells.

Rick B.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is even better. Should hold up under all that heat.

Art.....Thanks for the offer, but $ a little tight right now. Been out of work for over 2 yrs now. And it ain't looking any better. Sooo, gotta spend wisely. It's not like I don't already have a pair of covers. I just don't like a lot of chrome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts